Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Not positive on 2024, it looks the same as 2023
I listed the bulbs I purchased earlier in this thread for my 2023

From The Newmar Parts Catalog the 2024 DutchStar headlight bulb looks to be a Sylvania Vendor Number #9012SU-2.

Thought I'd try these
Amazon product ASIN B0CLGY6PNR

And a review

From NEWMAR Parts Cat.

Headlight bulb.jpg

Last edited:
9012 is the same for 2023

I think RB did a complete writeup on that some while back. hopefuly he is around and provide more detail info. from what I can remember, the LED bulbs are designed for an 'LED' headlights. The ordinary headlights bulbs are designed for their own specific headlight. This has to do with how the light is spread. You can use an LED in a regular headlight, however, the light will be spread such that it becomes an irretant for the oncoming traffic. An LED headlight will focus the brightness of the LED bulb accordingly, so it is not an irretant for the on coming traffic.

It may be better to replace the entire headlight with one designed for LED.

Other option, 'owners' should consider writting Newmar new pres. and asking if he has driven his newmar at night? If no one ever writes these people about such short comings, such problems will remain for eternity.
Anyone have Casey’s email???

I think RB did a complete writeup on that some while back. hopefuly he is around and provide more detail info. from what I can remember, the LED bulbs are designed for an 'LED' headlights. The ordinary headlights bulbs are designed for their own specific headlight. This has to do with how the light is spread. You can use an LED in a regular headlight, however, the light will be spread such that it becomes an irretant for the oncoming traffic. An LED headlight will focus the brightness of the LED bulb accordingly, so it is not an irretant for the on coming traffic.

It may be better to replace the entire headlight with one designed for LED.

Other option, 'owners' should consider writting Newmar new pres. and asking if he has driven his newmar at night? If no one ever writes these people about such short comings, such problems will remain for eternity.
I changed both dim and high beam bulbs on my 2015 Ventana with no issues. Got them on Amazon. Napa was $150 for 2 bulbs...Amazon was like $60 for 4...same bulb for all 4

Latest resources

Back