• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Resolved 30amp 110 Fuse box overheating, wires burnt

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
As stated earlier, white is common or insulated ground.

Following pictures to re-wire works till it doesn't. Understanding the practice always works. That was the reason for my previous posting.
Gotcha, it sticks out like a sore thumb and now I realize what's wrong with that picture, lesson learned it's a white ground wire (and just like with 12v, no ground = no power) that should be landed on a ground bus not neutral that makes total sense and I appreciate that. One thing I'm not sure about, does it matter where it's landed on the bar or so long as it's the ground bar? As you can see in the photo I did take a before photo but I neglected to share it and didn't realize I had taken it.
received_475732675002283.jpeg

Last edited:
Gotcha, it sticks out like a sore thumb and now I realize what's wrong with that picture, lesson learned it's a white ground wire (and just like with 12v, no ground = no power) that should be landed on a ground bus not neutral that makes total sense and I appreciate that. One thing I'm not sure about, does it matter where it's landed on the bar or so long as it's the ground bar? As you can see in the photo I did take a before photo but I neglected to share it and didn't realize I had taken it.View attachment 24755
Any station works

Update,.White ground wire was the only problem, corrected and I'm happy to report we are.back on 30 amp hookup. To those who advised call an electrician, if I had I would never have.learned what I did know now. So thanks but no thanks.

Update,.White ground wire was the only problem, corrected and I'm happy to report we are.back on 30 amp hookup. To those who advised call an electrician, if I had I would never have.learned what I did know now. So thanks but no thanks.

Now, how can ya argue with that. :unsure:

In our defense, we did get the initial impression that the problem was more involved than it actually was. (The inherent problem of trying to "fix" something through a computer connection, rather than being there with hands-on.)
I also got the impression that you were less-than-familiar with the electrical arts, and that stuff will kill you if you make a bad mistake. It appears that my judgement was a bit harsh.

Roger

Glad to hear it's resolved, letting us know that helps others with the same problem,so thanks for that.

As for your other statement!!! Well without knowing it you did call an electrician!

Glad to hear it's resolved, letting us know that helps others with the same problem,so thanks for that.

As for your other statement!!! Well without knowing it you did call an electrician!
Yes glad it will help others and yes without knowing it I guess I did. So as you know I have had an AC issue and it kept tripping the breaker or so I thought. I got to thinking was the AC compressor causing the panel to overheat the panel and trip the breaker, or perhaps the weakened wiring and damage was affecting the compressor? So I decided to do a test, by the way there is no heat present from the panel anymore. So before with the AC on the panel would get hot and the breaker would trip within 2 mins, not this time and it seemed it was cooler air and the panel remained cool and lasted beyond the usual 5 mins. We will still use the AC only when absolutely needed, when there are no cool breezes outside, not to mention because of our damaged bedroom window mechanisms and damaged vent mechanisms it makes it much harder to seal up to keep cool air in.Because of the crazy window mechanism alone I would strongly advise others to think twice before buying a 1994, Adventurer.

How did this happen in the first place??

Rick

How did this happen in the first place??

Rick
We think it may have been water leaking from the freezer leaking down on the breaker panel and we didn't realize it was getting in, the rusted screws and bus are a good indicator.

Latest resources

Back