• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Resolved 30amp 110 Fuse box overheating, wires burnt

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
If 30 amp breaker is the question,it is tripped.turn all the way off then on to reset. The other two are in off position.

I looked up breaker output terminal and couldn't come up anything definitive, so in the case of this breaker box, where is the breaker output terminal located? I forgot to mention when I try he fan switch on the AC I can hear click from the blower I guess, no idea if that may be an indicator of something? It's late I will resume tomorrow and check it, Goodnight
Where the wire lug is

Where the wire is attached
Gotta double check but I'm certain it's reading 122, therefore breaker is good, I'll answer the other question about that white wire going to neutral as soon as I can look at the before picture I probably can't say it's function but I may be able to deduce it.

If 30 amp breaker is the question,it is tripped.turn all the way off then on to reset. The other two are in off position.
It won't trip and resetting has no effect so I'm thinking it's safe to say the breaker is not in question or the issue .

View attachment 24746View attachment 24746

What is this white wire second screw from the left. Original photo showed that bar as the ground buss.
I believe it's the wire coming from left harness that I disconnected to strip, in the photos it appears to be the same wire, but looks longer in the second picture it could be because I pulled out more wire from the harness, I remember there was some slack on at least one of the wires.The first picture could be after I trimmed the burnt part and landed the wire back in the bus. Yes that is what it is because I just checked the sequence of photos andbthe 1st one here comes after the 2nd one if that makes sense.

Attachments

• received_1008006597705975.jpeg
    received_1008006597705975.jpeg
    142.3 KB · Views: 4
  • received_491877236829766.jpeg
    received_491877236829766.jpeg
    167 KB · Views: 6
Should be landed on the other buss bar

Should be landed on the other buss bar
Hmm, I see where I went wrong I referred to a picture after I removed the wire from the vertical bus bar, that is where my confusion lies apparently my before picture was taken after I removed the wire to trim it, that's the only logical explanation considering the sequence of photos and events. So now I can deduce that given the vertical bar is the ground bar if I understand correctly, that wire is going to neutral and not ground therefore just like in a 12v system, no groun, no power, correct that and there should be power?

Hmm, I see where I'm went wrong I referred to a picture after I removed the wire from the vertical bus bar, that is where my confusion lies apparently my before picture was taken after I removed the wire to trim it, that's the only logical explanation considering the sequence of photos and events. So now I can deduce that given the vertical bar is the ground bar if I understand correctly, that wire is going to neutral and ground therefore, no ground and no power?
As stated earlier, white is common or insulated ground.

Following pictures to re-wire works till it doesn't. Understanding the practice always works. That was the reason for my previous posting.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back