DSDP 4326
RV Length
Chassis
Freightliner
Engine
ISL 450
TOW/TOAD
2023 Winnebago ERA 70A or 2012 Ford Taurus
My patience is being severely tested on this trip. I’m only going to talk about this one issue though.

I began this trip with two of three units functioning.

This morning, one of the functional units will not shut off on its own. The kib panel indicates the room temp is below the A/C set point, yet the unit continues to run. I can shut it down by cutting power, but when I reapply, it starts back up. There is no snowflake on the kib panel to indicate it is cooling, but here we are.

I’m open to all suggestions, including those that involve explosives.

No clue on the KIB system but some RESET is typically involved in issues like this. 12V OFF for a minute? Is there a way to reboot the KIB system? I believe it's all driven by an arduino/raspberry pi (small computer device) so if that can be reset it may help.

Hindsight is of no help but I've learned Micro-Air EasyStarts help these things last longer if any of your units have failed. Mine will always have them, both do now.

Last edited:
Thanks @Neal. I’m going to try cycling the battery disconnect later this morning when the spousal unit heads out.

Yes cycling the battery disconnect should reboot the KIB system.

I found a training manual for the KIB system online that has quite a bit of info in it. Don’t think it was on Newgle but I put in the board number and stumbled across it.

When I get on my laptop I’ll take a look and see if there is info on maybe being able to disconnect the sensor for an ac unit or something that would help.

Maybe it is something simple like the fan for that AC unit is turned to the on position instead of automatic.
Don't ask how I know.

Yes cycling the battery disconnect should reboot the KIB system.

I found a training manual for the KIB system online that has quite a bit of info in it. Don’t think it was on Newgle but I put in the board number and stumbled across it.

When I get on my laptop I’ll take a look and see if there is info on maybe being able to disconnect the sensor for an ac unit or something that would help.
Could you post the manual under resources? TIA

So, I did the reset with the disconnect and that did not appear to do anything. I then lowered the set point to below the indicated room temp. The snowflake appeared. After raising the set point to a temp warmer than room temp, it shut off and has been acting right ever since.

I have come to believe that it was only the fan that was running and not the compressor.

:confused:

Latest resources

Back