RV Model
Ventana LE 4037
RV Length
40' 11"
TOW/TOAD
2021 Chevy Trailblazer
Fulltimer
No
I recently bought a 7 blade to 6 pin RV to toad umbilical cable. I bought it from an eBay seller in July '23. It sat around until the next trip which was the end of September '23. The very first connection, the outer plastic coating cracked. Hmmm, that's odd. Oh well, gotta go. By the time I got to my destination only 200 miles away, the cord casing was all but GONE! Electrically, it still worked, but there was no longer any coiling of the cable since the casing is what provides the coiling. I had to use it to get back home and all was good, just a bit more casing had shredded off. I contacted the eBay seller and it took him 2 days for a response, "That's way beyond my 30 day return policy". Great another nail in the eBay coffin.

The next step was to contact the manufacturer. Their website contact form does not allow for photo attachments, so I went old school and used a TELEPHONE. I talked voice-to-voice with a pleasant man and explained the situation. I offered that I have photos. He responded with his email address and I promptly sent the photo and the description that we had already talked about. About an hour later he notified me that he will warranty the item and a replacement is being processed. 7 days later, the replacement arrived in the mail. No charge. In the box was a letter: "We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced. Please accept this replacement as our pledge to stand behind the quality of our product because your satisfaction is our main goal."

So a big thanks to Hopkins Towing Solutions. Trailer Wiring Solutions, Brake Controllers, RV Levels - Hopkins Towing Solutions In today's world, great product service is not the normal, as it was. Therefore, the big Thank You.

Attachments

• hopkins.jpg
    hopkins.jpg
    422.6 KB · Views: 2

Latest resources

Back