Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
Today is your/our day - take the day off, you served putting service before self. Today is the day for you to enjoy, enjoy the peace you helped shape, breathe the clean air, relax and do whatever you want today. Some restaurants etc. open their doors to you today to show their thanks. Don't be ashamed to enjoy your moment and allow others to appreciate you.

To the supporters - thank you as well. You don't realize how much your support means both in wartime and in peacetime. The highlight of my life was flying A-10's in Desert Storm. A big part of that was the support of the country - you! It makes a difference and for that - thank you! Many of our troops continue to need your support, some are silent in their pain so be kind, be thankful, and we all should continue to support on another.

War is not always dropping bombs, it comes in many forms, and in some cases we may be in a war you're not even aware of. Enjoy this day, enjoy tomorrow. Look up at the sky and be thankful.

Big day at our local VFW post 10097 here in Ft Myers Beach, today is official full reopening following hurricane Ian last year.

Thank you to all veterans who have served.

USAF 1967-71. A long time ago but the memories are still fresh in my mind. One thing for sure, serving made a better person out of me and is something everyone should consider when starting out in life.

1982 basic training. The beginning of a full airforce career. Would do it all again. Oh how time marches on. First pic is 1982 at 20 years old. Second pic is 2023 a few months ago getting close to 62. Everything still works but it’s slower, creakier and comes with lots of aches and pains that I’m blessed to have. 😊. Wife and I owe so much to the military. It defined us and made us into the Canadians we are today. I would and do recommend a military career to anyone.

IMG_2962.jpeg

IMG_7240.jpeg

Just another day on the job:

a10.jpg

1982 basic training. The beginning of a full airforce career. Would do it all again. Oh how time marches on. First pic is 1982 at 20 years old. Second pic is 2023 a few months ago getting close to 62. Everything still works but it’s slower, creakier and comes with lots of aches and pains that I’m blessed to have. 😊. Wife and I owe so much to the military. It defined us and made us into the Canadians we are today. I would and do recommend a military career to anyone.

View attachment 21708

View attachment 21709
Canadians had better MREs.

Will never regret my time in the service or what the time did for me as a person.

Attachments

• IMG_3021.jpeg
    IMG_3021.jpeg
    74.2 KB · Views: 3
USAF 1974-1995. Retired MSgt. Had a lot of hard work and fun.

Attachments

• IMG_0649.jpeg
    IMG_0649.jpeg
    71.2 KB · Views: 2

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back