• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Ahh, the RV life . . . :-)

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
internet on the road has been one of our full time biggest challenges. But it has been getting better and easier with this approach.
If there are open skies - Starlink
If trees, but cell coverage with ATT - ATT 100GB plan in a pepwave
If trees, no ATT, but Verizon - use phone hot spots
If trees, no ATT, no Verizon - we use RV Tripwizard and look for another area or campground.

Over our 2 years full time, we have only seen one campground that had reliable internet.

But I hear there is a campground in NC that has great internet. We are starting to plan our fall trip for 2023 and plan to include this site. 😁

Last edited:
@Jim What are you currently using?

Lord I am sick of RV Parks that advertise "Free Internet", just to find out that it's basically unusable. I've spent $4,500 in campground fees in the last 6 weeks, and the Internet SUCKED at each and every park. I desperately need a solution.

Add the option for the GPIO cable (allows for 12V hookup)

Add the option for the GPIO cable (allows for 12V hookup)
OK, so if I understand the Pepwave product, I can use it to connect to an available WiFi signal, and then, in areas where there is no significant WiFi, can I then use the cell option to provide Internet through my cell provider?

OK, so if I understand the Pepwave product, I can use it to connect to an available WiFi signal, and then, in areas where there is no significant WiFi, can I then use the cell option to provide Internet through my cell provider?
The pepwave router can bring in Internet (WAN) via Wi-Fi or cabled connection such as Starlink, and also connect to Cellular sources via its cellular radio (and your inserted SIM card(s)). It can also broadcast Wi-Fi so everything in your coach has a constant Wi-Fi source so you don't have to change anything at each destination, the Internet is sourced by the Pepwave router.

It can also broadcast Wi-Fi so everything in your coach has a constant Wi-Fi source so you don't have to change anything at each destination, the Internet is sourced by the Pepwave router.
I think I've got it. But to clarify, all my smart TV's, iPads, etc., connect to the Pepwave on the RV. And then each time I hit a new campground, I connect the Pepwave to the campground WiFi (if it exists) and the devices connected to the Pepwave all continue to work?

I think I've got it. But to clarify, all my smart TV's, iPads, etc., connect to the Pepwave on the RV, and then each time I hit a new campground, I connect the Pepwave to the campground WiFi (if it exists) and the devices connected to the Pepwave all continue to work?
That is correct.

Most of us are getting Internet through cellular or Starlink these days and don't even attempt CG Wi-Fi. I don't want to get into discussing CG Wi-Fi and keep this on track for you to learn about the Pepwave. Cellular or Starlink :)

That is correct.

Most of us are getting Internet through cellular or Starlink these days and don't even attempt CG Wi-Fi. I don't want to get into discussing CG Wi-Fi and keep this on track for you to learn about the Pepwave. Cellular or Starlink :)
I understand now. Simple enough but I just wasn't following it at first. I would suggest you move the associated posts to a separate thread in the proper forum. This thread is probably not the best place.

Last edited:
Holy cow, we just watched the launch from Kennedy Space Center. Go Elon, Go!

Campground WiFi is mostly going to be unusable with a few exceptions when traveling like we do. Pepwave cellular and Starlink is pretty much the best workaround IF you need internet for business use. (Read that as must have working internet no matter where you are). If just needing to connect personal devices, and poor or occasional no signal wouldn't be a deal breaker, then a cellular hotspot would probably get you by in most locations with some disappointing results occasionally mixed in. It all depends on what your tolerance level is for internet access.

Latest resources

Back