Chassis
Spartan
Engine
Cummins
TOW/TOAD
2018 Ford Flex
Fulltimer
No
Regarding air brakes/suspension, after the coach sits awhile, how long does it take to “air up” before the coach can be moved? Is it possible to air up with compressed air tank?

reason I ask, when storing coach in a garage I don’t want to fill garage with diesel fumes. Rather warm up engine outside.

Just takes a minute or two to air up - depends on how low the system is. You should wait until you have 100psi in the system before moving the vehicle. There is an air inlet valve and female air hose connection on the drivers side of the generator you can use to air the system up with a compressor. It will take more air than a portable compressed air tank. I’ll look for a pic of the fitting.

Here it is. I made a double male fittin to attach an air hose from my compressor.
541A4217-2CA9-45A3-931F-54C3CA8043E2.jpeg

The storage location will have an 80 gal compressor tank. Should be plenty

Make sure you have an air dryer in line. The portable compressor usually add a lot of moisture

Make sure you have an air dryer in line. The portable compressor usually add a lot of moisture
Do you remember offhand which Air Dryer brand model you use and or recommend?

Is it possible to add a vent pipe to the back of the garage?

The planned garage storage space will be 70' deep with the RV and Toad stored inline. The space will be airconditioned and if necessary vented. Exchanging the air with hot humid air just does not seem to be the best option.
Running a tail pipe extension to the outside is probably the best option during warm up.

What you can/should do. When you start it as soon as oil preshure comes up engage your cruise and go to fast idle. This reduces washing down the cylinder walls with unburned fuel and speeds up the air pump.

Not sure of this suggestion but can you pull straight forward (NO TURNING) if the air bags are deflated?

Latest resources

Back