• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Alternative to Harvest Host

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I am using ioverlander app as a source for overnight parking options. Available on iPhone or android. Has a filter for big rig places. Right now it’s free but they will go to subscription model. So far so good.

Our renewal dates must be pretty close. I also didn't renew and I'm getting the discounts, pleas and a survey about what they can do to make it good enough to re-up. But for the same reasons I didn't renew, I'm still not going to renew. Be strong TxClod, you can resist!
We only used HH 3 nights last year and we seem to spend as much on wine, food, etc as a park with full hook-ups would cost, plus running the generator all night.

I am using ioverlander app as a source for overnight parking options. Available on iPhone or android. Has a filter for big rig places. Right now it’s free but they will go to subscription model. So far so good.
Driving a million dollar coach looking for a free place to stay. What is this country coming to? 😁 😁

I enjoy the unique opportunities HH stays offer. It's not really a savings as we all know as now they mandate at least a $30 purchase, my last stop I saw they offered PayPal donations so I did so for $50 and also paid the fees so that added $1.99. But it was a quiet desolate location which is nice vs. a RV parking lot at times. For those of us with LiFePO4's and solar, etc. it's nice to put that "investment" to use, well, it's an educational opportunity at least. My membership cancels next month as my RVing on the horizon is still sparse at best but when I resume long term travel I will join again.

Driving a million dollar coach looking for a free place to stay. What is this country coming to? 😁 😁
Michael Douglas Quote GIF by Top 100 Movie Quotes of All Time

Oh wow. I have that app and never used it before. It looks great.

By the way, there is a newer version called ioverlander2 that has improvements from the old. I just sometimes want a safe, easy-access place to pull over and rest and then get back on the road close to the road I am traveling.

Having a big rig (and a bit over 65’) a new favorite app for overnight parking while in long distance travel mode (remember we are the type that likes “to get there” asap) is Trucker Path.
Can search for parking areas and truckers report a rough idea of how many spots are left. You can look at the last 7 days history to get an idea of when spaces fill up, it differs based on day of week and hour. Very useful when we are fine with the idea of parking amongst trucks.

I have a truckers' path as well, but too many people say to stay out of truck stops unless they are extremely large, as the truckers need the spots. I have yet to try it. Having over 65 limits your options for overnight, so a truck stop is a good answer.

Latest resources

Back