Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
With the craziness escalating to the country moving to lawlessness who else just wants to hunker down and not move? I have an early July trip to VA beach for one week and I'm on the fence on whether to stay home or go. I realize the media blows things out of proportion such as one off incidents we're hearing about but....it's on my mind to just stay in place.

We are planning a 10 day trip to Oregon and not really traveling through any major cities and I have not seen anything that tells me I shouldn't do it unless I am missing something that is not in the news. I have been calling the places to see about reservations and the ones I have contacted say they are open and taking reservations. Worse case we can turn around and head home if needed pretty quickly.

We've got to make a quick trip to St. Augustine on the 22-24th of the month; so we are just going to drive down & back in the Terrain & leave the coach at home.
I'm not sure how wild & crazy the "lawlesness" is going to become; but I am going to be prepared to protect the DW & myself as well! Hopefully it will be a non incident type trip!

It's probably a bad time to plan a trip to Seattle, but we have no plans to go there. We are making some shorter (1 week) Texas trips and planning to go for about three months to the Dakotas/Montana/etc, beginning in August. Not scared, even without the dog.

Headed to the N. Cal redwood country for 5 days next week. Just plan on enjoying the beautiful redwood giants but will be eating our own food. Gotta exercise Tiny the DS. These last 3 months are the longest we have gone without moving the coach in 15 years. Month long trip end of August to Polson & Glacier. We just can’t sit at home any longer! We are way more concerned about COVID at our age than being caught in violence of some sort and will practice safe practices at all times.

Neal, I believe the greatest threat at the beach or other vacation spots right now is people tend to forget about covid safety. While in the OBX the last couple of weeks, seeing someone with a mask was the exception. My wife and I went into an ice cream shop one day and it was a crush of humanity. The only masks I saw were the two employees serving the goods.

With a few exceptions, it appears most of the protests and demonstrations right now are peaceful. The Hampton Roads area had a couple of issues in the early going, but I think things have calmed there as of late.

J.J.,
I would not be concerned about St Augustine FL. Law abiding citizens are well armed. The local Polk County sheriff encourages people to arm themselves and “ blow out anyone trying to enter their home uninvited”. Not making it up.
It is on the YouTube.
We are in Gaffney KOA for a week. Transient coaches vary between 2-6. The place is empty.
Just went downtown and sat at outside a coffee shop, and everyone is very friendly. Even people passing in a car or pickup trucks wave and say hello (maybe because Doris is with me?) Love the south.?
A98AE242-8014-44BB-A4B5-0F54BCF2ECE8.jpeg

Neal, I believe the greatest threat at the beach or other vacation spots right now is people tend to forget about covid safety. While in the OBX the last couple of weeks, seeing someone with a mask was the exception. My wife and I went into an ice cream shop one day and it was a crush of humanity. The only masks I saw were the two employees serving the goods.

With a few exceptions, it appears most of the protests and demonstrations right now are peaceful. The Hampton Roads area had a couple of issues in the early going, but I think things have calmed there as of late.

Not sure if you've heard about the Seattle situation. Then some boardwalk areas. I think when I do go I'll not be going out past sunset.

Not scared. Maybe I’m foolish. We just avoid driving through cities (don’t care for them anyway), skirting around them as needed to avoid any drama (and traffic jams).

Its possible I’m blind and oblivious but we really haven’t seen anything first hand.

Had a friend just go from Florida to Michigan. No issues seen at all. We will head to Maryland after the 4th, then up to Maine.

Latest resources

Back