Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Anyone else dislike shiny chrome bathroom fixtures?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I really hope when I make it to Polson I won't be woken up by my neighbor clanking rocks together to start a fire to cook breakfast he hunted on site with a spear!
Spear? That's for savages. I use my trusty shotgun! Hope a couple of blasts each morning won't bother you. It usually only requires 2-3 shots each morning about sunrise to secure breakfast fixun's. Duck hash is especially good for breakfast!

And, you need to "clunk" the rocks against a piece of steel to start a fire, hence the name "flint and steel." And, last I heard, you aren't coming to Polson for almost a year, so by that time, we may have moved up to starting our fires with matches (those wooden sticks with some fancy chemical stuff on the end). :ROFLMAO:

TJ

Last edited:
The way things are going we may once again learn how to use primitive elements like spears and blow guns. Everything else will be banned. Uh-oh. I did it now. Hopefully, I won't be banned.

Final follow-up!

Well, I finished the brushed nickel fixtures install today. Both bathrooms got done...and, they look great!

And...I'd much rather be lucky than smart! As I went to install the new sink drain assembly and pop-up stoppers, something looked familiar. I unscrewed the polished chrome stopper from the existing fixture and compared it to the brushed nickel one on the replacement. Exactly the same! And, these were drain assemblies ordered via Amazon with no effort made to match them to the existing units.

So, instead of having to remove the entire drain assembly and install the new one, all I needed to do was replace the stopper. Simple unscrew and replace operation. Pure luck, but as I said above... :ROFLMAO:

OK, for the very astute, the narrow ring that the stopper closes against is still chrome, but since it is under the stopper, it is barely visible, even when the drain is open. No problem. I did save the new drain assemblies in case I really get anal and decide to do the full replacement.

TJ

Last edited:
Too many word. MapNerd no understand. Need box full of colors, make MapNerd understand.

Two "box full of colors."

Faucet-1.JPG

Faucet-2.JPG

TJ

The second thing that I replaced was the kitchen faucet. Installed a Delta touch one. Works great. Before I replaced the other faucets, I installed shut off valves under all four sinks.
Didn't replace any faucets due to finish but due to quality of product. But they are all brushed nickel now.

I don't mind the chrome, just hated the waterfall faucets Newmar used. Seems the water always collected on the open part of the faucet. All other hardware in bath is chrome so I just stayed with it.

Attachments

• Sink.JPG
    Sink.JPG
    345.2 KB · Views: 12

Latest resources

Back