Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question Anyone rolling a Pepwave MaxTransit CAT-20 5G?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
@MapNerd when you are connected to T-Mobile does the Pepwave Admin connection show 5G or LTE/LTE-A?

MapNerd,
Thanks for the reply.
As much as I would like to join in the quest for additional internet speed, I am going to hold off until the 5G cellular offerings (by the providers as well as the manufacturers) have had more time to mature. Y'all have my admiration for going at it.

I will be listing my CAT 18 Max Transit soon (sold). My prospective buyer went with the BR1 Pro 5G.

Last edited:
@MapNerd when you are connected to T-Mobile does the Pepwave Admin connection show 5G or LTE/LTE-A?
5G for TMobile.
AT&T shows LTE-A

I noticed that if I set the T-Mobile connection type to “LTE Only” then it doesn’t connect to 5G

Cool - glad to see it's getting 5G as I suspected with those speeds. I certainly would not limit to LTE only but you know you can.

I just fired up my Pro5G. Where I am currently testing is not a 5G area, so speeds are based on LTE-A for AT&T and LTE for Verizon. I am using the antennas, and the radio is sitting on my desk inside.

First -- This is a test of Wifi6. Connected WAN interface to my home internet, and mobile in airplane mode, with wifi enabled and connected to Peplink. Shows max speed

Screenshot_20211118-113813_Speedtest.jpg

Now for AT&T Sim in the Peplink
Grandfathered unlimited Corp plan

Screenshot_20211118-113943_Speedtest.jpg

Verizon Sim in Peplink --- these numbers are very good for Verizon, as my verizon hotspot won't even connect, same desk, same location.
Prepaid Verizon Sim - unlimited data
Screenshot_20211118-114257_Speedtest.jpg

AT&T Phone using Cellular---same location. This is a Samsung Galaxy S21, with 5G provisioning -- unlimited data.

Screenshot_20211118-114414_Speedtest.jpg

AT&T Mobley Sim in the Netgear Nightwawk router.
This is more of an equipment comparison vs SIm provisioning, as they are both same speed during testing in same scenarios.
Screenshot_20211118-114544_Speedtest.jpg

The Peplink is definitely the best hardware. Can't wait to get on the road and test 5G

Latest resources

Back