Chassis
Spartan
Engine
Cummins
TOW/TOAD
2018 Ford Flex
Fulltimer
No
This topic came up when I was considering renting a car UHaul car trailer. The Spartan Chassis 2024 Dutch Star most likely has a simple 7 pin trailer plug. If a UHaul Car trailer became necessary it may only be equipped with a 4 or 5 flat blade light/brake plug. Amazon, of course, has a solution, in fact many.

Has anyone used these adapters? Trailer light plugs are notoriously finnicky items. Adding another piece to that trailer light string in my opinion is asking for unscheduled road side visits:)

Amazon product ASIN B082VV29H8

This topic came up when I was considering renting a car UHaul car trailer. The Spartan Chassis 2024 Dutch Star most likely has a simple 7 pin trailer plug. If a UHaul Car trailer became necessary it may only be equipped with a 4 or 5 flat blade light/brake plug. Amazon, of course, has a solution, in fact many.

Has anyone used these adapters? Trailer light plugs are notoriously finnicky items. Adding another piece to that trailer light string in my opinion is asking for unscheduled road side visits:)

Amazon product ASIN B082VV29H8
Of course!
After fixing the rat's nest left by most installers and repairman trying to make the rat's nest someone left them with,work. I can tell you that those adapters are a better way by far than to have someone "do it the right way ".

I use one on my truck as I have one small trailer with no trailer brakes and a heavier one that has hydraulic surge brakes, neither need a 7 pin so I use an adapter I paid maybe $5 for off amazon and I bought two just so I'd have a spare with me. I also do not leave it installed leaving less of a chance of corrosion requiring more troubleshooting.

Uhaul should have those available but the round 7 to flat 4 are very common and work just fine. I towed a uhaul car trailer from Richmond Va to home in Northern Ca and it went well. They are very nice trailers with surge brakes and the driver’s side fender folds down out of the way so you can get in and out of the car.

Attachments

• ED64C55E-444E-4ADD-83AD-485518CA98A1.jpeg
    ED64C55E-444E-4ADD-83AD-485518CA98A1.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 1
  • 422FA8B9-1D44-404B-82AF-8A86813117DF.jpeg
    422FA8B9-1D44-404B-82AF-8A86813117DF.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 2
I use a 7 to 4 adapter.

I used an adapter when we rented a uhaul trailer. The adapter I used was not a nice single piece pictured above but was the 7 pin connector — foot of wire — 4 pin flat connector.

Simple and easy to fix.

I’ve been using these for decades
964D23E4-2452-402F-9069-F11DFDEBFFB4.jpeg056C070B-AD2F-4067-BB71-9A4F9CE4C317.jpeg
They even make them with built in LEDs to verify that your vehicle harness is wired right and working.

Latest resources

Back