Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

hutch

RVF Regular
Anyone out there towing a 2018 chevy equinox? I know when towing a car with all time AWD you are suppose to remove the drive shaft to avoid damage but my 18 equinox has push button AWD. If it is disengaged does anyone know if I'm good to go? Thanks for any input!

I don’t believe you can flat tow any AWD vehicle, you can tow with a dolly

Anyone out there towing a 2018 chevy equinox? I know when towing a car with all time AWD you are suppose to remove the drive shaft to avoid damage but my 18 equinox has push button AWD. If it is disengaged does anyone know if I'm good to go? Thanks for any input!
Sorry I forgot to mention I have a tow dolly

Watch a few YouTube videos on the subject.

I don’t believe you can flat tow any AWD vehicle, you can tow with a dolly
Sorry I forgot to mention I have a tow dolly. Haven't used it yet. If AWD is disengaged with the button am i ok is what in wondering

Forget the brand of vehicle, the question is can you tow an AWD??? For a definitive answer look in your manual, or suffer the consequences of disinformation, as we all know now, the results can be very costly.

Ask yourselves this question! What changed? Why do tow companies now use flatbed trucks? When I look at videos what is the common thread???

You will figure it out!!!

@hutch Based on the Owners manual I found online it looks like no Dolly Tow for AWD but it can be towed 4 down. See pgs 358 & 359. You will need to confirm if the online manual I came across is applicable to your vehicle. If you have the owners manual that came with the vehicle that would be the best document to use.

Latest resources

Back