• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Basement door latch part

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
You must remove the hinge? or destroy the door? That's why I think having a trigger line installed on all doors is a must. Me thinks :)
No, no, no. You don't have to destroy the door. I will find my post from the other place on how the tech took my door off.

I've installed the "emergency cable release" on all my bay doors because I had one fray the wire and wouldn't open. I finally got it open, but now have a slight dent in the Summit stainless trim because of it.

I noticed the set screw that holds the cable seems to be the problem. I bought bicycle brake cables and crimp cable ferrules and replaced most of the latch cables. Works great so far.
can you provide more detail on your fix?
Thanks

Osuallen,
Installed the factory end of the bicycle brake in the latch end after adding a couple pieces of heat shrink and a small zip tie to keep it from falling out during assembly. Cut the cable and slide it into the hole with the set screw. Then crimp a cable stop on the cable.
When cutting the cable, wrap it in tape where you cut it and use sharp cutters to avoid fraying the cable. I left the set screw installed but not tightened in case this didn't work.
Let me know if you have any questions.

Attachments

• 20220425_131505.jpg
    20220425_131505.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 22

Latest resources

Back