• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Resolved Front door lock malfunction

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Not sure about Jim's DS but unfortunately our drivers side window is electric..... Wish it were mechanical.
I added the wires to the bay below the electric driver window to be able to operate that window in an emergency lockout.

I added the wires to the bay below the electric driver window to be able to operate that window in an emergency lockout.
As did I. Also suggest adding the cable pull to unlock the compartment below the window in case that was locked when the entry door wouldn’t open.

You can key unlock the basement doors don't forget. You could always just cut a big square in the roof and drop in from above. :unsure:

Not sure about Jim's DS but unfortunately our drivers side window is electric..... Wish it were mechanical.
Electric. I installed wires from the switch to the front bay. If locked out, open the front bay and connect the two wires to the + & - on the fuse board to make the window go down.

As did I. Also suggest adding the cable pull to unlock the compartment below the window in case that was locked when the entry door wouldn’t open.
Yup, that too.

climbing thru the window option?? why not thru the entry door? maybe a bit easier... this is what I figured out by accident.

I was in Nappanee and needed a spare entry key for the entrance door for some reason. The local hardware store did such a masterful job that the new key just would not work!! Great.. after further inspection, i realized the cuts look the same as the original key. However, they did not line up!!!! Brilliant.. So I had to pull the new key out about 2-3mm before attempting to turn and unlock the door!

So I gather, who would figure that out?? Unless there is a canary amongst you folks :):rolleyes: I should be safe. I never locked the tv compartment. Had the key hidden in there nicely, just in case...

That's ok until the door handle won't unlatch. Can happen if the torx screws loosen and the two plates miss align. Believe me, it can happen.

Latest resources

Back