Chassis
Ford
Engine
E450
TOW/TOAD
Honda crv
Fulltimer
No
Heading from Columbus, GA in the summer to Seattle for an Alaskan cruise. Wanting to visit Grand Teton NP Yellowstone NP & Glacier NP on the way. Looking for the best route to those 3 NP's, then to Seattle and parking for the class C during our cruise, then thru Washington, Oregon, Northern CA, through Denver and back to GA. Routes and campgrounds would be helpful. PS we're KOA Gold & good sam members and retired military.
Thanks!

I do this trip every year.

Basically you will start at the southern entrance of Grand Tetons, travel thru Grand Tetons into Yellowstones southern entrance, and then exit West Yellowstone. The gardiner entrance to YNP may not be open by the time you travel. From West Yellowstone its a good drive to Glacier, so I would break it up over 2 days. We often do it in one, but its a long drive.

There is no wrong route to get to GNP from YNP, and plenty of choices. I personally like the route thru Seeley Lake, staying to the west side of Flathead Lake. The roads are wide and scenic, without a lot of traffic.

From GNP to seattle, nothing beats HWY 2--its a very scenic route.

Basically you will start at the southern entrance of Grand Tetons, travel thru Grand Tetons into Yellowstones southern entrance, and then exit West Yellowstone. The gardiner entrance to YNP may not be open by the time you travel. From West Yellowstone its a good drive to Glacier, so I would break it up over 2 days. We often do it in one, but its a long drive.

There is no wrong route to get to GNP from YNP, and plenty of choices. I personally like the route thru Seeley Lake, staying to the west side of Flathead Lake. The roads are wide and scenic, without a lot of traffic.

Thanks, can you recommend a campground near the southern entrance of Grand Teton?

Thanks, can you recommend a campground near the southern entrance of Grand Teton?
Depending on what kind of campground you are looking for, we enjoyed staying at the full-hookup section of Colter Bay campground which is inside Grand Teton park. It's within walking distance of lots of attractions. We did it in a 40' MH; you should have no trouble in yours.

Thanks, I hope it's not too late to make reservations for the 1st or 2nd week in June.

Thanks, I hope it's not too late to make reservations for the 1st or 2nd week in June.
If things haven't changed, reservations for that CG are handled by Xanterra and not the Park Service.

Is US 191 a good road to travel through grand Teton up to Yellowstone?

Is US 191 a good road to travel through grand Teton up to Yellowstone?
Yes - no problems at all. Depending on construction, there may be delays, but this is a route we commonly take.

Thanks so much!

Depending on what kind of campground you are looking for, we enjoyed staying at the full-hookup section of Colter Bay campground which is inside Grand Teton park. It's within walking distance of lots of attractions. We did it in a 40' MH; you should have no trouble in yours.
I'm looking at doing this trip in 2024. Is it difficult to get reservations at Colter Bay?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back