• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question Best Trailer??

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I do like the K.I.S.S. method of reasoning. We always said it means something different depending on if it was directed towards the customer or the manufacturer.
For the customer it means (k)eep (i)t (s)tupid (s)imple!
For the manufacturer it means (k)eep (i)t (s)imple (s)tupid!!

The way a product is engineered determines the company's fate! It is therefore STUPID to engineer a product that leaves the companies reputation in question by a customer mistake. If the product requires customer training, the intelligence should be built-in the product before it is released on the customer! Plain and simple. If the only way a product can be operated reliably, or safely is customer to be trained on it's operation, then it has not finished the development cycle!!!

Three points (hitch,axle) corresponds to a untwisted frame. Stabilizer jacks take out the sag in the frame. If the TT manufacturer is told the slides won't function if the frame is not straight, the manufacturer of the trailer should not install slides on trailers not properly equipped with auto leveling. With a lock-out on the slide. Preferably with proximity detectors built-in to the slide,to keep the slides from operating when things aren't in the as built state!!!

I would guess, both trailer manufacturer and slide manufacturer are to blame!! And the blame game Is evidence neither has a clue about the KISS principle in engineering. Also the bean counters find a place in this formula! "it hurts the bottom line to take responsibility! So blame the customer " is well on its way to burry the product line!!!

Just my $2

Latest resources

Back