• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Wright640

RVF Regular
Fulltimer
No
I’m just now getting in the market for a towable. I’ve been reading a bit about different manufacturers and how some have gone down hill in recent years. Who are the best and worst? Looking for a bunkhouse model with one slide out. Appreciate any guidance.

Welcome to the group. I’m sure others will comment on this as well.
Find something that works for you, I do not think there is a best or worst. There will be problems with any RV. Being able to do at least some of your repair will help.
The used market should be coming down, RV Trader.com is a good place to check pricing. It’s a good place to look at different trailers.
Stay under your max tow limit on you tow vehicle. Overall handling, stopping and power to climb hills are big parts of towing.
Good luck and happy shopping.

I don't think there's any one brand that's better or worse than the others. We're really happy with our Coachmen Freedom Express 25SE, which has bunks and one slide but you can find an equivalent model from pretty much any manufacturer.

I like the Jayco Jayflight line and I would seriously look at the new camper Bish's RV is introducing. It is being built by Jayco.
To also add, we have the 26BH Jayflight with no bump out, 2011. Love it. As an RV tech, I dislike bump outs. Other then the money I make from them. But the same Jayflight with a bump out is available.

I like the Jayco Jayflight line and I would seriously look at the new camper Bish's RV is introducing. It is being built by Jayco.
To also add, we have the 26BH Jayflight with no bump out, 2011. Love it. As an RV tech, I dislike bump outs. Other then the money I make from them. But the same Jayflight with a bump out is available.
Thanks for the advice. I’m usually a keep it simple kind of guy. I believe The more technology and moving parts just means more things to break but my boss likes the extra room, so you know what I’m doing. I like happy more than simple 😂

Thanks for the advice. I’m usually a keep it simple kind of guy. I believe The more technology and moving parts just means more things to break but my boss likes the extra room, so you know what I’m doing. I like happy more than simple 😂
I guessed what a bumpout was but had no idea really. So rather than ask I searched!

Anyhow, because you now specify slide out, you eliminated this!!!

Terminology war. I admit they are more commonly called slide outs.....;)

I guessed what a bumpout was but had no idea really. So rather than ask I searched!

Anyhow, because you now specify slide out, you eliminated this!!!
Gee thanks now I have something else to worry about. Can I have my wife call you about slide out problems because she’ll never listen to me? 😂. Just kidding, great points to consider.

Gee thanks now I have something else to worry about. Can I have my wife call you about slide out problems because she’ll never listen to me? 😂. Just kidding, great points to consider.
I'm in the same exact boat and feel like I am standing directly under a huge hornets nest, and about to hit it with a rock. Wife went from 1 slide out to 3 in a couple days. I told her she better learn to use a ladder and caulk gun. Oh, and in the rain too. She said "why in the rain"? "Because that's when things get wet and leak!" Ugh, she's a great mother to my our kids though.

I've had several different brands of trailers over the years and overall the best was the Cougar. I've never had a slideout problem on any of them. I do have some concerns with the schwintek slide but time will tell. I use my trailers a lot and average 10k miles per year.

Latest resources

Back