• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Breathing new live into my 2000 Dutch Star

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Rained most of yesterday evening. 28 this morning. High supposed to be 30. ICE everywhere. Wrecks everywhere on I45.
We’ll take it! It was 15 degrees last night with wind blowing 30-40 mph. Today it is now up to 21 degrees...with the same 30-40 mph winds. It has been below 30 degrees continuously for three days and is predicted to remain that way for another 2-3 days. Snow coming tomorrow night. Oh well, this too shall pass.

TJ

We’ll take it! It was 15 degrees last night with wind blowing 30-40 mph. Today it is now up to 21 degrees...with the same 30-40 mph winds. It has been below 30 degrees continuously for three days and is predicted to remain that way for another 2-3 days. Snow coming tomorrow night. Oh well, this too shall pass.

TJ
Looks looks we will be at ZERO and wet snow come Monday.
I guess no one told Mother Nature, this is central Texas.. LOL

9 degrees this morning. Foot of snow on top of about a 1/2" of snow. No electricity. No water. Not supposed to get above freezing until Saturday. Thank god I got natural gas for heat.

So we just got through a week in frozen Hell.
No electricity, no water for nearly 5 days. Nearly 8" of snow on top of about 1" of ice.
Temp got down to -1 a couple of days. Yesterday temp got up to 34
Today upper 50's --- Thank God.
We have natural gas in the house, so we stayed warm. I fired up the generator on the Dutch Star during no electricity and kept the fridge in the house running, and a few lights, plus 2 computers. Had internet off my phone hot spot.. Generator ran nearly 4 days straight.

Had to close my store 2 days, Roads were solid ice. Store never lost electricity.
I figure I lost nearly $15,000.00 this last week. Gonna be hard to pay bills.

Anyway, We have electricity back ( about 3 days now), but have a broken water kine under the house..(Still no water).

Yesterday I got the Flying Dutchman started, to go to town and fill the water tank up.
Backed out by myself and promptly got stuck turning around.
6 hours later, I got it out without calling a wrecker.
Went to town, filled the water tank.
Came home and the water pump didn't work. I had order another one through NAPA already, so had one ready.
Sunday, I Relocated the pump where it can actually be service easily. Had to go to town for a couple of nipples to make the new pump work...WOW, you think there was a run on toilet paper when Corona hit, It was a mad house at the hardware store.. People said HomeDepot was wiped out . I lucked out and found 2 (longer than desire, but they work) nipples.
Came home, got every thing hooked up.
Moved inside and replaced the shower controls, because I had previously found one of the control valves was broken.
Flipped on the switch and had cold water, but no hot water coming out.
Facebook "Newmar A Decade of Excellence 2000-2010" gave me the solution in about 5 minutes. Turn a valve behind the hot water tank.
Made sure all the lines were purged hot and cold

Turned on the water heater and the propane lit off.

Took my 1st real shower tonight. Felt great!

Still can't drink the water, we have "boil" order from the city.

Still need to replace the kitchen faucet. Seeping water out of the handle when running. Was going to replace it anyway.

And have to replace the fresh water tank drain valve..dripping water.

BUT we are making it..HOPEFULLY, be able to have the house plumbing fixed tomorrow.
new wp.jpg

Wow, you have your hands full, that's for sure. Good luck! I look forward to your posts and enjoy watching your rig progress.

FINALLY got water back on Friday in my house. No water for 12 days.
Anyway, I added a little bling to the Flying Dutchman today. Little thing, but I think looks much better.

Attachments

• 20210228_150514.jpg
    20210228_150514.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 21
  • 20210228_153525.jpg
    20210228_153525.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 20
FINALLY got water back on Friday in my house. No water for 12 days.
Anyway, I added a little bling to the Flying Dutchman today. Little thing, but I think looks much better.
Yeah, it was time. Looks good!

Got some new BLING for the Dutch Star!

Attachments

• St Wheel.jpg
    St Wheel.jpg
    706.3 KB · Views: 36
Whoa! That looks nice!

Latest resources

Back