• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Breathing new live into my 2000 Dutch Star

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
So the material I am removing, (according to my build sheet it is rubber) is thick and in very good shape. Where I see the failure of the roof, NEWMAR did not place additional bracing along the outer edges of the AC units. Because of this, there was not a firm seal along the edges and eventually allowed water to get in.
I will be adding bracing between the roof frame work that will support the ACs one all 4 sides. There will be no antennas, horns and for now solar panels on the roof. I removed the luggage rack as well.
If I add a antenna, it will either be attached to a mirror frame or to the side of the coach.
My coach has aluminum sides that curve over the top and meets the roofing material on top. It appears that Newmar butted these to together and held them in place with a retaining strip with sealant and thousands of screws. I know I am not a engineer, put I see damage along this rail. I am going to sandwich the filon under the aluminum with sealant between them and under the retaining strip, then cover with more sealant and maybe tape. I am using a sturdier rail that I got from one of my customers that builds enclosed trailers. Like the factory piece, it is a [ shape. Newmar installed it flat side down. I am thinking ( since it is more robust) installing it flat side up, to give it more clamping force.
I may tape off the retaining rails and apply a 4" to 6" wide liquid rubber roof coating material to that area.
I also want to build some dams around the AC unit to divert water away. Probably do that out of 1" aluminum L angle metal. And just glue it down. Seal the top against the AC unit.

But 1st I need the clouds to go away so I can remove the trap and get back to work.

I STILL hate lap sealant..
Have only about 500,000 more screws to remove.
roof.jpg

So you're pulling the rubber off? What is under it?

Glad I own a parts store. Went to start the coach the other day.. CLICK
12.9 volts on batteries.. Put the battery charger on it.124 amp boost.
Still CLICK.
Ordered new starter, came in yesterday. Installed it today, Starts better than it ever has.

Replacing all the wood on my roof.Long hard job.
20210424_172449.jpg
20210424_172441.jpg

Neal started a thread about what would your fantasy NEW Newmark have. I thought I would share what I plan for my OLD Newmar.

Here are some ideas for starters.

So here is my wish list for my OLD Newmar. Present beside WISH. Start with new paint
01010_2dkZ3EfHskG_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg
2006BeaverMarquisW-2.jpg

Last edited:
New headlights
headlight old.jpg
headlights.jpg

Taillights
taillights old.jpg
taillights new.jpg

Floor
00Q0Q_2m4lEajbTN2_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg
floor1.jpg