• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Building a Small RV Park - Year 2

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Sites 9 & 10 were cut out earlier in the year but we didn't have the time to finish them before we opened for the 2022 season. So this winter I will be working on them to get them ready for the 2023 season.

Site #9 will get full hookups, while Site #10 will get only water and sewer. Getting power to that site is just more work than I care to take on, so we will make it a bargain site at maybe $40 a night, maybe a bit more depending on the amenities that we give it.

These two sites are well away from the other sites, and the long range views are very nice. Site #9 will be a pull in site and is limited to only motorhome visitors. Site #10 (the one with no power) will be a pull-through site that will accommodate anything that you can drive in, regardless of length.

Here are some early pictures of site #9 and its long range views.

DSCN9267.JPG

DSCN9268.JPG

DSCN9281.JPG

DSCN9285.JPG

DSCN9286.JPG

DSCN9289.JPG

DSCN9287.JPG

Site #9 will get full hookups, while Site #10 will get only water and sewer. Getting power to that site is just more work than I care to take on, so we will make it a bargain site at maybe $40 a night, maybe a bit more depending on the amenities that we give it.
Interesting ... normally sewer is the harder utility to get to a site.

FLSteve :unsure:

Interesting ... normally sewer is the harder utility to get to a site.

FLSteve :unsure:
The sewer is just down the hill from both sites, so pretty easy to hook up to. The water is easy enough as I plan to hook onto the waterline that feeds site #8. And the power for site #9 will also come from site #8 as I put in a very large power line when I originally ran power to site 8. But trying to run more than on additional site may be a bit much. I'll check with the electrician and if it's possible, then I'll do it. If it will overload the breaker(s) then it'll have to be a powerless site.

I bet a dollar it will end up having power.

Country Music Poker GIF by Jon Pardi

I'm upping this to $10, yep, $10!

I'm taking @Jim with me to the EAA AirVenture Airshow next July and hopefully my neighbor with his non-quiet generator will be there too. We really bonded with his generator outside my bedroom wall. I can imagine the peaceful serene Deer Springs RV Park with one of these generators running. The ambiance it will provide all campers, in fact it may bring out some target practice activities. The benefit though is there will be no deer within 100 miles so driving will be much safer.

Now if you had a clearing for solar, it would be a maybe but I surveyed the pictures to see if I could enjoy some solar collection but it's a no.

Stay Home Las Vegas GIF by INTO ACT!ON

I can imagine the peaceful serene Deer Springs RV Park with one of these generators running. The ambiance it will provide all campers, in fact it may bring out some target practice activities.
@Jim ... site #10 is not overlooking site #4 is it ??????

FLSteve :sleep::sleep::sleep:

@Jim ... site #10 is not overlooking site #4 is it ??????

FLSteve :sleep::sleep::sleep:
Right next door Steve. They have to walk through your site to get in/out. You'll all be best of friends by the time you leave! :) Probably be on first name basis with his 6 dogs as well. . .

Well, the RV barn is completed, and I had hoped to have my rig in it by now, but alas, that hasn't happened. But it got christened today when John and Andrea O'Neal backed their beautiful new Coachman Concord in and dropped their jacks.

A very nice couple with a couple of cute furballs! Welcome John & Andrea!

DSCN9601.JPG

DSCN9608.JPG
DSCN9609.JPG
DSCN9602.JPG

DSCN9611.JPG

DSCN9616.JPG

They made us feel like royalty when we arrived. Very nice meeting Buddy and Jeanette. We came over from Hiawassee last October to see the park. This is our first time to stay, looking forward to the week.

Where are the sides front door and the hvac system for that bus barn? Makes it a real man cave.

Latest resources

Back