Building a Small RV Park - Year 2

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Hey Jim:

Wow that really looks great. You are one talented dude.!!!

HH
Wow, that's very gracious of you @Headhunter, but it's really not that big a deal. Given this is a "rustic setting", I didn't do much more than run a belt sander over them and toss on some stain.

The real beauty is where this pavilion is situated and how we've exploited nature to work for us. In the morning's, the rising sun shines in under the trees and provides warmth to whoever is on the deck. It's a nice place to plan your day and watch the park come alive. In the afternoon, there is generally a slight breeze created by the warm air moving up the mountain. That, coupled with the large Pine trees that it's built between, creates a naturally comfortable place to gather. And because it's built on the hill above the park, the evening lights of the park provide a nice visual effect.

Even better are those months when the fireflies are buzzing around. It's like being at a concert when the lights are turned out and everyone holds up a lighter. Little flickers of light everywhere! Very cool indeed.

So yeah, while you're watching the show that nature is putting on, it's nice to have a place to set your refreshments. And that's when you look down and say, "Hey, look at this piece of wood that Jim put here for us. That's nice, lol." :)

Last edited:
It's been raining cats-n-dogs out here but I finally got a chance to add a 10x10 deck to the gazebo on Site #1, "The Oak". Still have to put the 6"x6" posts under the corners, so what you see now are just temp supports.

I've done this to 3 of the 8 sites now. It makes a cool place for people with pets, i.e. dogs, to give their pouches some contained off-leash time while hanging out with the family.

Also had some left over slabs, so I built a seat down by the firepit.

DSCN7373.JPG

DSCN7384.JPG

DSCN7386.JPG

DSCN7389.JPG

DSCN7390.JPG

DSCN7391.JPG

DSCN7392.JPG

Disgustingly nice @Jim , disgustingly nice!😁👏

My list for @Jim just got longer…

Personally, I think the swing is cool feature! :)

In an effort to create a unique campground, this site ("The Oak") is probably 50' wide and 80' deep. It has it's own firepit with cooking grate and a secondary Solo Bonfire Firepit to use if you want a fire closer to your RV.

Along with a gazebo package, all of our "Premium Plus" sites have 2 picnic tables and are located on a larger than average amount of space.

dscn7390-jpg.10962

Last edited:
Working on a site for the campground host. Hey Buddy, I think that's you! :)

Lots of room, situated close to the office and reasonably good view of the park and nice views of the surrounding area.

DSCN7411.JPG

DSCN7438.JPG

DSCN7439.JPG

DSCN7453.JPG

DSCN7460.JPG

DSCN7463.JPG

DSCN7464.JPG

Attachments

• DSCN7440.JPG
    DSCN7440.JPG
    439.5 KB · Views: 8
In a world where quality has been shoved aside for "efficiency", your workmanship and attention to detail is very much admired and appreciated. One day perhaps...(We're on the wrong side of the Country 😉)

In a world where quality has been shoved aside for "efficiency", your workmanship and attention to detail is very much admired and appreciated.
Well thank you, Scooterfan! I appreciate that.

Latest resources

Back