• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Today, we met a milestone. :)

DSCN3169.JPG

DSCN3161.JPG

Solar powered, too. Technology has left me behind.

Solar powered, too. Technology has left me behind.
Yeah, I don't want to hear any excuses about it being dark and couldn't find the poop station. :)

Yes I agree with other post. You better start laying out some more sites ?

The price of everything these days is outrageous. It's not that prices are going up, it's your dollar is worth so little. Look at a new Ford F-250, fully loaded they're $75K. Who would have ever thought? I remember when owning a $100K house meant you were had achieved a measure of success in life. Now $100K is a starter house, if you can even find one for that. We went to look at Tiny Homes over the weekend and a one bedroom/1 bathroom was $106K !!! And they're flying off the lot!

Anyhow, here is a picture of the fencing we decided to use. We had a fencing contractor come out and give us a bid and we were shocked at the cost. And the finished product would have been chain link! So for a little more we could get this nice black aluminum fencing and it just looked so much better. I have to do the labor, but so what? I'm doing so much of everything else so what's one more project? lol

I grabbed this picture off the Internet. It's for descriptive purpose only, but you can see it looks so much nicer than chain link.

View attachment 5249

Trish wanted to do artificial turf too, but after seeing some of the stuff that comes out of Rex, :eek: artificial turf would not be the right choice.
That’s really pretty. I was actually assuming it would be chain link fencing. I can actually see how 220’ of that would set you back a pretty penny.

you’re certainly right about the value of the dollar these days. You can certainly
find $100k homes but they’re either tiny, in bad locations or need $200k worth of work. My dad is 86 and he can’t believe the amounts of money I spent on things and I always have to tell him that Mustangs aren’t $3,000 anymore. The quarter he’d spend on a movie, bag of popcorn and a round trip on the bus won’t even pay the taxes on a candy bar today.

I wouldn’t recommend turf. We had a small patch of it in our first house which was a row home in DC. What. A. Pain. Maybe I didn’t do it right or maybe I got low quality stuff but it was always either soggy or clogged and filled with dirt, required more maintenance than the actual grass at our next house. So maybe you dodged a bullet on that.

Looks nice and fancy but I wouldn't turn your back on the aluminum as bad as thieves are :mad:
1612869057940-png.5249
Idk. You take a look at some of the other forums on this site and I expect that a thief trying to pilfer some aluminum fencing from a campground these folks stay at might end up having a really bad day.

I was kidding about the artificial turf, don't recommend it either but I have seen it in places and it is fine, just needs to be hosed down from time to time. If you can grow grass and maintain grass it's probably the better option.

Idk. You take a look at some of the other forums on this site and I expect that a thief trying to pilfer some aluminum fencing from a campground these folks stay at might end up having a really bad day.
Thieves are pretty brazen - they walk up and steal an AC unit from the side of a house without even thinking about it. Backflow preventers are common targets too - back up to them, wrap a strap around them and drive off, ripping them and plumbing out of the ground.
As long as the dog runs are not in a place where the thieves can have a few minutes of time alone, like if the dog run was down by the front gate. I hope it never happens of course but maybe a camera or two would help Jim keep an eye on the area and of course, catch who isn't picking up after their pet.

Looks nice and fancy but I wouldn't turn your back on the aluminum as bad as thieves are :mad:
Rex is in charge of security. :)

Rex.png

Latest resources

Back