• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Building a small RV park.

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Installed several more waste stations today. This one is what we call the "fairway" . It's ugly in the first picture but when Spring comes around it is a lush green that takes your breath away.

This is a "leash free" zone, meaning if you take the responsibility of letting your pouch (or cat) off his/her leash, you can let them run free. But that being said, you are in the outdoors here, and if your pooch decides to chase a deer of something, you have to accept the risk of him/her not coming back home again.

But if your pet is well trained, this is a wonderful place to let your pooch play frisbee or chase a ball.

DSCN3172.JPG

DSCN1920.JPG

Last edited:
To Toby, the colors will look the same and he’ll be ecstatic to be off leash.

That looks beautiful, you obviously mow it.

P.S. I hope you are not in the potential Ice Storm area.

The Deer Springs RV Campground Initiative

Trish and I have wanted to make a small RV Campground for a long time, but we just didn’t have the time. But lately, our interest has been renewed and I think we’re going to make a run at it.

The site we have chosen is a meadow down at the bottom of our property. It’s not perfectly level, but I had a company come by on Tuesday and take a look at leveling it out. The road coming in must be widened as well. Everything is subject to change of course, but here is what I’m planning at this time.

We hope to have a total of 7 sites, 4 pull through and 3 back in. This give us 6 for rental purpose and 1 for a campground host.

The good stuff: (depending on how you look at it)
  • There will be full hookups at all of them
  • Charcoal BBQ and fire rings
  • There will be a minimum of 40’ between each of the individual RV pads, more in some cases
  • The views are wonderful, and the setting is remotely luxurious
  • Two huge dog runs, one for small dogs and one for larger dogs
  • On site laundry room
  • A nice pavilion with large, group BBQ setup
  • Killer hiking, fishing and great stock Jeep trails abound. We’ll provide custom maps, GPS coordinates, etc.
The not so good stuff: (again, depending on how you look at it)
  • There is no cell service in the area
  • No cable and no Internet. I hope to be able to solve the Internet issue but I’m not sure just yet
  • There will be no showers or toilets. There is plenty of room for them if we decide later to add them. But with full hookups, the guests should be OK and we don’t want the extra maintenance.
I’m very interested in everyone’s comments, suggestions and ideas. Below are some pictures of the project area.

Thank you all!

View attachment 2223

View attachment 2225

View attachment 2226

View attachment 2227

View attachment 2228
Let us know how you make out and where you are. Good luck...Steve & Sheila

That looks beautiful, you obviously mow it.

P.S. I hope you are not in the potential Ice Storm area.
lol, yes, we have a zero-turn mower and a fellow that lives on the property who keeps the place looking nice. I can't call him a "groundskeeper" because all he really does is run the mower and the weed eater. But in the summer, that's just about a full time job.

Let us know how you make out and where you are. Good luck...Steve & Sheila
Will do! It's going a lot slower than expected as we didn't take into consideration the unbelievable bad weather that has been hanging on for the last couple of months.

A couple of thoughts for you:

1. Get your email on the Starlink list. At the very least that will solve your communication problems & the fees should be tax deductible.

2. Speaking of fees, your local & state governments may have a boat load of laws and regulations for a campground. This often depends on number of sites.

3. Your initial budget for advertising can be almost zero. Talk it up on Facebook, all RV Forums, build a web site with pics, location, prices etc.

Are you including picnic tables?

May I ask where you ordered the fencing? I need over 226+ linear feet to fence my back yard on the golf course, in my golf community. The local fencing contractor quoted $14K, which I cannot afford. I can afford to buy the fencing and then SO and I will install it along my property line. Has to be black wrought iron look. Thank you very much!

May I ask where you ordered the fencing? I need over 226+ linear feet to fence my back yard on the golf course, in my golf community. The local fencing contractor quoted $14K, which I cannot afford. I can afford to buy the fencing and then SO and I will install it along my property line. Has to be black wrought iron look. Thank you very much!
I got it from Lowe's. If you can, go to the contractors desk and have them price it out for you. You'll save some money that way.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back