• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Building a small RV park.

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Yeah, but they will sure remember their first visit to your beautiful park! Just looking at the pictures makes us want to move to North Carolina. ;)

TJ
Thank you, @TJ&LadyDi. I really do hope you and Lady Di will be able to come by sometime. I know it's a long ways, but who knows, maybe you'll find yourselves out this way someday.

I'll buy the wine. (The best box of wine I can find at Ingles. lol... )

Last edited:
As for the Poplar, I never knew it could look so good
Poplar is wonderful when stained. I built an expanding, hexagon to octagon dining room table our last year in the S&B before we sold. It was beautiful and I miss it. We sold it to the new home owners with the house they loved it so much. I’ll have to
build another when we settle down.

@Jim will the first announcement for when the reservations website is open be here? I think we should all get dibs.

With time running out, we worked on site 5 today. Site 5 is one of my favorites because:
  • It's an end lot with lots of privacy and a ton of space.
  • There is a walkway that goes from the front of your RV (assuming a Class A) and up a mellow incline until you get to an area about 20'x30'. There is a large White Pine at the top with a picnic table and/or chairs to enjoy the shade when the Summer brings us some warm days.
  • It's designed is such a manner that whoever is sitting under the White Oak can easily communicate with whoever is in the Gazebo.
  • And as is the case with all of the sites at Deer Springs RV Park, you can easily see the TV on the side of your coach from inside the gazebo.
This is a killer nice site. In the second picture I've circles the area but you really can't get the beauty of it in a picture. But believe me, it's a nice site!

Also worked on the gazebo, installing the bar and counter area's. The sink is not in yet but will be shortly. The large, unstained area is where the refrigerator will go. Still have to build steps and the bench that will allow you to sit at the bar area from the outside of the gazebo. All in all, it's coming along.

Roofs are scheduled for next week, but it all depends on the weather. Also, the water lines, power and sewer lines will start next week. Lord, it's going to be a busy week and we're turning into walking wrecks.

1.JPG

3.png

5.JPG

50.JPG

60.JPG

70.JPG

Attachments

• 10.JPG
    10.JPG
    98.5 KB · Views: 11
  • 20.JPG
    20.JPG
    114.1 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Beautiful...did you use Polyurethane on the (Poplar) bar? I did a BBQ table with one of our redwood slabs and put six coats of Poly on it...seems to weather good so far. Your pride in your work is evident...you should be proud of your creation.

Beautiful...did you use Polyurethane on the (Poplar) bar? I did a BBQ table with one of our redwood slabs and put six coats of Poly on it...seems to weather good so far. Your pride in your work is evident...you should be proud of your creation.
Yes I did! I have 3 coats on it now but I'm sure it's going to want several more. I just wish the weather had been more accommodating over the last month or so. As it is, we're starting to feel the stress, which takes the fun out of it.

We went to the building department yesterday to pull some permits but the parking lot is being used for Covid shots, and it was impossible to get in. So back we went this AM, and this time we got in. But that's been the story throughout the last several months. 3 steps forward, 2 steps back. Making progress, but man is it slow.

Sure looks nice Jim!

Wow! I am so impressed with what you have done. You and Trish should be very proud. I’m sure you will be booked solid and steady when you open up. I wish we were closer but when life becomes almost normal and we can cross the border I hope to head down.

It’s looking beautiful.

Jim;

Just reading your description tells that this is a true "Labor of Love"! And even with its' frustrations, you seem to enjoy it!
Add to that, your "RV" experiences have given you insight into all the details that folks with a "Class A" would want or need!
You've done great job thus far, & I'm sure the finished product is going to be nothing less than fantastic!

I'm not sure about others, but your sharing the thought process, the creation, the efforts, the fun, the frustration; and sharing the results through your pictures, give one the sense of a "an RV Forum Family Project"; even though we haven't been there cutting & nailing boards, etc! At least I feel that way!

Thank you for allowing us to all be a part of your fantastic project, through words & pictures!

I look forward to being able to enjoy the finished product one day, & truly appreciate being able to see what you created!

Keep up the great work, & God Bless! (y)

Jim;

Just reading your description tells that this is a true "Labor of Love"!
Well Thank You @Jabber Jaw ! That was very nice of you to say. I'm not sure that Trish was "feeling the love" yesterday as she braved the 29* weather to paint the never ending number of supports on hip roof #1 and #2. :) But after she read your post she smiled a bit. That's a good sign cuz she's got several more to do today!

You and Trish should be very proud.
I think we will be, but I think that part will come when we're done with the work and hanging out on the pad with the visitors. The way I've got this calculated, we have 8 sites. If 80% of the visitors invite us over for a beer (or wine, etc.), that's a several brews each night. So after an evening of "visiting with the visitors" I'll be right "proud" if I can drive the cart home. lol

Latest resources

Back