• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Building a small RV park.

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Today was the first nice day we've had in forever and the trackhoe's were digging in unison! Finally getting the septic in.

3 - septic tanks and a whole bunch of 3" & 4" PVC pipe. Apparently Covid and (insert excuse here) have made PVC difficult to find, so the price has gone through the roof. My budget has been trashed. But all-in-all, it's been a pretty good day.

Well, right up until we dug up that 25 pair telephone cable. o_O All of my drawings show the phone cable buried directly underneath the road coming in, but it's actually a few feet to the side of the road. So I guess we'll have to add "Telephone Cable Repair" to my business card. lol

DSCN3207.JPG

DSCN3211.JPG

DSCN3222.JPG

DSCN3223.JPG

DSCN3224.JPG

DSCN3225.JPG

DSCN3226.JPG

DSCN3232.JPG

Last edited:
What is the black pipe for?

What is the black pipe for?
It’s called a Leaching Chamber and is designed to replace the gravel and leach systems commonly found in older septic wastewater installations. The individual sections interlock with an end cap at the end of the run. Then the system is covered with soil. Wastewater is fed in under the dome where it then dissipates down into the earth. Makes for a really fast install.

septic tanks and a whole bunch of 3" & 4" PVC pipe. Apparently Covid and (insert excuse here) have made PVC difficult to find, so the price has gone through the roof. My budget has been trashed. But all-in-all, it's been a pretty good day.
Yup was afraid of that. PVC=plastic =oil.

Each gazebo has a counter top with sink and on the side of the gazebo is a 5'-6' bar. Today I cut some Poplar to make these counters and sinks out of. Was a rather large tree and took up every bit of space on the saw. But it's going to be beautiful when it's finished out.

DSCN3243.JPG

DSCN3245.JPG

DSCN3258.JPG

DSCN3261.JPG

I love what you are doing, and how you are doing it. With the attention to detail you are giving this project, it can't help but be successful

As for the Poplar, I never knew it could look so good. I wish you were here in our area as I could point you to a couple of Poplar trees that would be perfect...and, they could also be removed from blocking our view of Mount Baker! :rolleyes:

Some years back, our neighbors planted them directly in the path of our spectacular view of the mountain. Within a few years, they grew up to completely obscure the view. We have offered to pay the cost of removing them and replanting new trees outside of our view corridor, but neither he or his wife were interested, even though they acknowledged that their trees blocked our view.

The husband passed away last fall and the wife continues to live in the home. She's still not interested in removing the trees. We're waiting for the day when the house comes on the market to either buy it, remove the trees and resell it with a view easement, or negotiate a tree removal and view easement with another buyer. We'll see what happens.

Now, if you'd like to stop by some dark evening and... Well, let's just say we would cover your transportation expenses. :ROFLMAO:

TJ

Last edited:
Your milled lumber IS beautiful...what's your drying method ? Do you have access to wood kilns? I didn't know Poplar grew to that width...thought they were fast growing tall and lanky ?

Your milled lumber IS beautiful...what's your drying method ? Do you have access to wood kilns? I didn't know Poplar grew to that width...thought they were fast growing tall and lanky ?
Thank you so much. To be honest, I was building a solar kiln a couple of years ago and Winter took over. By the time Spring came around, I had bought an RV and was playing around with it. So the solar kiln sat for the year, and then the next. Fast forward to today and I'm no longer interested in building a solar kiln but with the building 1/2 finished, I decided to make it into a laundry room for the park.

So now, I just stack the milled lumber in the barn or somewhere on the property with something to cover it and keep the rain off. This wood is 2" thick and even in a kiln would take months to dry. So it's going to get used just as it is. I imagine it will dry quickly enough while it is exposed to the sun and the breeze blowing on it all day. It may warp a bit, but if it does I'll pull it off and run it through a plainer and then reinstall it.

Weather has us so far behind right now that I'm having to do things (and not do things) that I had planned on. But it's all good, RV parks (like all rushed projects) will take a few years to settle down. But it'll be OK, and in a few years nobody will remember the raged edges of the first year. :)

RV parks (like all rushed projects) will take a few years to settle down. But it'll be OK, and in a few years nobody will remember the raged edges of the first year. :)
Yeah, but they will sure remember their first visit to your beautiful park! Just looking at the pictures makes us want to move to North Carolina. ;)

TJ

Latest resources

Back