• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Building a small RV park.

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I am flooded with requests to reserve a site for the coming year, and I am truly humbled that so many people want to come visit our park. The problem I face is that while I know we will be opening, I'm just not sure when. Much of the heavy lifting is either done or will be in a couple of weeks, but there are gazebos to finish, a dog park to install, and grass (by the acres) to be sprayed in.

My best guess will be the first of June but I don't know the exact date. As such, I'm reluctant to take reservations before mid June but I will keep everyone up to date on this as we progress.

Quick question as we get close to activating the reservations software. As a small park of 8 sites, we can't afford to have people put a deposit on a site and then not show up. Yes, the deposit is forfeited, but that doesn't help much as we sit on an unrented site for several days. Other RV owners that I have talked with recommend getting payment in full at the time of booking. This eliminates people from locking up a range of dates they aren't sure they can keep.

Personally, I don't see anything wrong with this approach, but I'll ask the members for your input as you all have been so helpful in the past.

Thank you in advance

OK my 0.02 cents worth.

Maybe you can take in a full stay deposit and only refund if they cancel at least 15 days in advance. With the 15 days out you'd have more than enough time to fill that spot. The park you are building will be in extreme demand once the word is out. Keeping at least one nights fee anyway. With exclusions for sudden deaths in the family and sudden hospitalizations. You could ask for proof of those. Harsh sounding I know , but business is business.

CANCELLATIONS / REFUNDS

Daily
: Total balance is typically pre-paid; With a 7-day notice, you will have a choice of a 90% refund or 100% transferable/credit for a future stay. Notices between 7 days and 24hrs results in 25% cancel fee 75% transferable. Less than 24hr notice prior to your arrival date results in a forfeit of payment.

This is a policy a park located in So Cal that is very popular as it is a block from the beach. They did give full refunds when Covid-19 broke out last year as we had reservations in April 2020.

CANCELLATIONS / REFUNDS

Daily
: Total balance is typically pre-paid; With a 7-day notice, you will have a choice of a 90% refund or 100% transferable/credit for a future stay. Notices between 7 days and 24hrs results in 25% cancel fee 75% transferable. Less than 24hr notice prior to your arrival date results in a forfeit of payment.

This is a policy a park located in So Cal that is very popular as it is a block from the beach. They did give full refunds when Covid-19 broke out last year as we had reservations in April 2020.
Sounds reasonable to me. Thank you, NWIP!

I would have no issues with either of the proposed policies outlined by @Rolling Chaos or @NWIP

Quick question as we get close to activating the reservations software. As a small park of 8 sites, we can't afford to have people put a deposit on a site and then not show up. Yes, the deposit is forfeited, but that doesn't help much as we sit on an unrented site for several days. Other RV owners that I have talked with recommend getting payment in full at the time of booking. This eliminates people from locking up a range of dates they aren't sure they can keep.
Jim - I think payment in full with a fair (for both parties) cancellation policy will not cause heartburn for your guests.

Latest resources

Back