• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Building a small RV park.

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Today we dug post holes, installed posts in concrete, and hung 30 - 6' panels and a gate at the Bark Park. Used the tractor to level the interior to get it ready for grass, which I hope will be here tomorrow. Took the time to bring the fence around a large Arborvitae tree, which I feel will give the dogs much pleasure as they go about doing what dogs do, lol. Anyhow, it's a pretty cool addition and I think they will enjoy it.

Still have to partition off the large dog area from the small dog area, as well as building the Sally port.

Getting closer, but still so much to do. . .

DSCN3629.JPG

DSCN3630.JPG

DSCN3632.JPG

DSCN3637.JPG

DSCN3643.JPG

Last edited:
That’s beautiful @Jim.

I might have to borrow someone’s dog when I come and visit?. Nice job

Great job, nice "doggie park"!
The entire project is top notch, & it is going to be a fabulous "RV" park!

I might have to borrow someone’s dog when I come and visit?. Nice job
Ha! I've got two, I'll loan you one. :)

So I see the booking date openings went from late April to May now. Others may have already seen this change , but hey I'm a little on the slow side.

Trish and you may need a break from all this once its finished. I know a nice place you guys can go and get away from it all for a week or so. Its just outside of Franklin NC. Best hurry though. Last I saw it was going to the dogs.

By the way is there going to be an office for check in or did I miss that part? Again sloooow.

So I see the booking date openings went from late April to May now. Others may have already seen this change , but hey I'm a little on the slow side.

Trish and you may need a break from all this once its finished. I know a nice place you guys can go and get away from it all for a week or so. Its just outside of Franklin NC. Best hurry though. Last I saw it was going to the dogs.

By the way is there going to be an office for check in or did I miss that part? Again sloooow.
Yes, I had to bump the date back for several reasons, the most obviously one being that we will just not be ready. We have actually been working 6-7 days a week, from 7:30 am till 5:00 or more, and it's just become overwhelming.

The latest hitch is the building department says our 10x10 gazebos need to have permits pulled and inspections done. Now had these been in our backyard, and for our own use, they would not require anything because they are less than 100 square feet. But because they are deemed "commercial", I have to go down and pull a permit for each one, pay the money for each one, and then schedule inspections for each one.

I'm told that having them sitting on pier blocks on the ground will probably not pass inspection and that I will have to pour pads under the corners and then attach them to the concrete pilling's. If so, then I have to jack them all up a couple of feet, pour the pilings, and then set them back down in a couple of days. The building department knows there is nothing wrong with the way they are now, but if they can suck a few thousand more out of me, then all the better, right?

We covered the last of the power and water lines last week and installed the water hydrants and power pedestals. On Wednesday we had 24,000 feet of grass sprayed around and over the areas were we covered the trenches. Trish has been buying flowers, trees, bushes, 7 pallets of mulch, etc., etc. I met with the paving contractor, who will pave the runover parking lot and the driveway up to it. They will also do some repair on the existing blacktop road and put in some speed bumps.

Some other stuff going on too but it's all running together these days.

So yeah, had to push opening back a bit. :)

But I have a friend coming by on June 8th - 11th, and even if we are not "officially" open, he will spend a few days with us and give us some pointers on what else we need to do to be ready when we do get around to opening the gate.

Oh yeah, the gate. . . I met with Lester from the gate place 2 weeks ago. He drove all the way out here from Clayton to see the project, take measurements and get the info necessary to give me a bid. Like I said, that was 2 weeks ago and so far he hasn't even sent me a bid, let along put me on the schedule. But I guess I shouldn't be surprised as it took him 2 months just to get around to coming out for the bid. :-(

Typical of the way people do business out here and frustrating to say the least. As such, our gated park may be gateless for a few months.

Last edited:
That stinks about the county milking you for funds. I hope they don't try to treat the gazebos like a home - meeting hurricane standards, etc - that would suck.
We're getting our pool resurfaced and pool deck re-done - 1/2 of the bids I requested either never showed or once they did, never submitted a quote. So I guess business is so good for these people they can cherry pick what they want to work on.

That stinks about the county milking you for funds. I hope they don't try to treat the gazebos like a home - meeting hurricane standards, etc - that would suck.
We're getting our pool resurfaced and pool deck re-done - 1/2 of the bids I requested either never showed or once they did, never submitted a quote. So I guess business is so good for these people they can cherry pick what they want to work on.
I'm sure they will @RKins, I'm sure they will.

About the bids not showing up, same thing happened here. I called several people for septic bids, all were interested. Three showed up and only one submitted a bid. I mean, why even come out if you're not going to submit a bid? The guy that showed up got the job at $21,500, so in my opinion, that's pretty nice job.

Latest resources

Back