• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Building a small RV park.

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
After a bit of research, I found my final inspection was being held up by environmental. Somebody didn't cross the right "T" or something, and the process stalled. Guess it would have sat there forever if I hadn't started digging around. Anyhow, the head guy said he would walk it across the hall and get it taken care of. Hopefully, we will have power soon.
Typical Government bureaucracy. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Still waiting on power, but assuming that I can bribe the proper people to get off their butts and connect a couple of wires, we should be able to have a "soft opening" in about two weeks. Not all the sites will be finished, but several should be far enough along that they are operational. At this time I'm focusing my efforts on Sites 2, 3, 4, 5 and 8.

Site 7 is a ways from being finished, but it's going to be really cool as it will have a 10x10 deck that attaches to the gazebo and the deck is covered by a large black walnut tree with branches that droop down and provide shade for the deck. It will be awesome!

Anyway, here are some random pictures of where we are now.

DSCN4060.JPG

DSCN4068.JPG

DSCN4071.JPG

DSCN4082.JPG

DSCN4083.JPG

DSCN4094.JPG

DSCN4102.JPG

DSCN4106.JPG

DSCN4111.JPG

lot 6.JPG

Last edited:
Looks great but I'm worried people LIKE ME will hit your pvc pipes sticking up. You may want to consider some type of barrier/protection (boulders) etc.?? And why do they have to be 4 feet above the ground? I worry about power pedestals with my full wall slide, that pipe would be a concern too.

Looks great but I'm worried people LIKE ME will hit your pvc pipes sticking up. You may want to consider some type of barrier/protection (boulders) etc.?? And why do they have to be 4 feet above the ground? I worry about power pedestals with my full wall slide, that pipe would be a concern too.
Haven't cut them down to grade level yet Neal. When I get finished with the final grade, I will cut them to ground level.

Looks really nice Jim - coming all together now. Does the one site have a fire pit?

Looks really nice Jim - coming all together now. Does the one site have a fire pit?
They will all have a fire pit @RKins, I just haven't installed them yet. The one in the picture was a test to see how many bricks it would take to enclose the steel firepit ring. It's not permanent yet. (if you're wondering why it's so crooked!)

Last edited:
So many of you have been gracious with your time and comments, but I would greatly appreciate it if I could call on you all once again.

I've been working on the Deer Springs RV Park website for some time now, and each time I look at it I find something that is spelled wrong or just isn't working correctly. Also, I'm not happy with the load speed, but given I live in the mountains and I only have satellite Internet, I'm not sure if it's the 40,000 mile trip between me and the satellite causing the delay, or if my site needs to be tweaked to some degree.

I would greatly appreciate any feedback about the speed issues that I think I have, and also, to the flow of the site itself.

Thanks in advance for any input.

Deer Springs RV Park Website

@Jim,

Quick glance, not read, looks good. This is really nit'noid but most of your recent pictures lately have not looked good, something like a white balance or exposure issue. I see one of those being used on your site. You could try running the pics through PhotoShop and choosing Auto Tone but prior to recent they were good. Lately they are white washed, white balance issue?

Now to your sites. Can you provide the measurements for each site? I'm curious why all but one are restricted to 40ft. Site 7 can't take longer? Curious what your measurements are for the sites and how you came up with the limits.

Thank you for the RVF share / plug on the site, the reciprocal is appreciated.

So many of you have been gracious with your time and comments, but I would greatly appreciate it if I could call on you all once again.

I've been working on the Deer Springs RV Park website for some time now, and each time I look at it I find something that is spelled wrong or just isn't working correctly. Also, I'm not happy with the load speed, but given I live in the mountains and I only have satellite Internet, I'm not sure if it's the 40,000 mile trip between me and the satellite causing the delay, or if my site needs to be tweaked to some degree.

I would greatly appreciate any feedback about the speed issues that I think I have, and also, to the flow of the site itself.

Thanks in advance for any input.

Deer Springs RV Park Website
Jim, I just loaded your website! Loaded quickly, & allowed easy looking around it. I see no issues, but I'm not a computer guru either! Good Luck!

Latest resources

Back