• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Building a small RV park.

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
On the contact us page your Message is optional. Why is that not required?

People will want to see a photo gallery, show off that dog park, and all the other great things on the campground from the entrance, gazebo's, sites, etc. Show a photo of each site, it's always nice to get a view of a site prior to arriving. People will want to know of area Amenities and how far away they are. What are they going to do while there? How about site rules/regs and all the details outlining quiet hours, do's/dont's etc. If you have a brochure, post that as well (PDF).

@Jim Re you web site. Here are some observations Hope they are of some help.

I'm on ATT Fiber. Speed of site seems fine to me.

When I click on RV Sites and scroll down to review the various sites you have for example on site 8
Summer Rates — $55
Fall — $60
Early Winter — $35

Is there someplace that defines the specific start and stop dates for "Summer Rates" ,"Fall" & "Early Winter". If it's on the site I've missed it. My thought is it would help to know what the date range is for each category.

Under the Pricing & Terms section you state the following:
  • Nightly – Each site is different, and pricing will be different as well. Sites start at $45.00 per night during the regular season and up to $60.00 during Special events and Fall months. To view individual site pricing, please view the sites under the “RV Sites” menu link.
Note the terms used "regular season" "special events" , and "Fall months" . In my opinion it would be better to pick which terms you want to use for the various rates and use the same terminology both on the RV sites page and the Pricing & Terms page. Special Event is fine as is in my view although you might include that category on the RV sites page for the sake of consistency. Since Special Events may have varying rates you might on the RV sites page you might just include the term with the other rates and state something like special event rates vary, call for specific pricing.

Pricing & Terms page:
you state: "All rates include a maximum of 4 people."

Is this the max person that are allowed on a site, or can I have more folks on the site but there is a charge for the additional persons over 4? If there is an additional person charge I suggest you include that cost information here and perhaps on the RV site page since you have rate info there. (as an aside from time to time we travel with our 5 grandchildren so 7 of us in the coach. I have run into some RV parks that have a 6 person max per site.)

Pricing / Terms Check In / Check Out (Typo)
When you leave, please clean up your campsite! If ou smoke, pick up your.....

General questions / items you may want to cover that I've seen at other RV parks:

Can I set up a tent on a site?

I've seen you have some nice grassy areas at the sites. Might want to restrict the use of "carpets" or "mats" on the grass.

Looking good!

Typo: Check-In/Check-out section, 3rd bullet “If ou smoke…”

Wish our plans for the next few months weren’t already set, but we are watching and planning to stay with you next year when we plan to spend a couple months in eastern TN and western NC areas.

Beautiful work on the park and web site!

@Jim,

Quick glance, not read, looks good. This is really nit'noid but most of your recent pictures lately have not looked good, something like a white balance or exposure issue.
Entirely my fault, I took the pictures at dusk. I will fix them!

On the contact us page your Message is optional. Why is that not required?

People will want to see a photo gallery, show off that dog park, and all the other great things on the campground from the entrance, gazebo's, sites, etc. Show a photo of each site, it's always nice to get a view of a site prior to arriving. People will want to know of area Amenities and how far away they are. What are they going to do while there? How about site rules/regs and all the details outlining quiet hours, do's/dont's etc. If you have a brochure, post that as well (PDF).
Required? OK, I guess it should be. As for the rules, they are on a separate page that is part of the check out process. It has to be check marked as "read" or the process stalls. As the "online booking" is disabled, you never get a chance to see the page. I will fix that so you know the rules before you get here. Mostly has to do with pinnacles and stuff like that.

Things to do is under construction. You'll find it under "Local Activities". Once we get established I hope to go to the individual stores/businesses in the area and sell them some advertising on the site. But that will next year probably.

Yes, photo gallery is on the list. I'm in a transition stage where almost all the pictures that I have show some sort of construction going on. I needed to add some pictures for place holders, but didn't want to build galleries until I had some good pictures to show off. Working on that. . .

@Jim Re you web site. Here are some observations Hope they are of some help.
Thank you, thank you, thank you! Too many to note in this post but I will address each and every one of them on the site.

Last edited:
I went to your website and it loaded very slowly for me (Looks great though). I have Frontier fiber (FIOS) at the house. The initial load took maybe 30 seconds and when I clicked on RV Sites it took a good 30 seconds to load. The individual site pics took several minutes to load, but eventually did.
Some questions: Using your site map, I drive in the main road and get to the overflow parking area. Is this where we drop our towed? I see in several spots on your web site "Site prices include up to 4 people per site and 1 licensed vehicle." So that is why I ask where we put our towed. Might need to clarify somewhere? So lets say I do drop off my towed in the overflow area and continue on with RV to the camp site, what is the best way to get back to your vehicle if say, I forgot something in towed? Yes, I could walk the road back to it, but I bet most will cut through the camp sites. I ask because you mention "Do not walk through occupied campsites!"

@Jim,

Can you provide the measurements for each site? I'm curious why all but one are restricted to 40ft. Site 7 can't take longer? Curious what your measurements are for the sites and how you came up with the limits.
It's a little hard to determine the actual length of MH that can go in some of the sites. Myself, I can drive anything, and parking a 45' RV in any of the sites would not be a problem. But not everyone has the same comfort level when driving a vehicle of length, and some people shouldn't be driving a car, let alone a 45' RV. So I have tried to limit what length of RV will be allowed in each site, based on the skill set of a moderate driver.

Most sites are pretty plug-n-play with respect to parking. But site 2 may require a bit of jockeying. Nothing bad, but for a novice RV'er, it might be problematic. Site 7 is higher than the rest of the sites, as it is on a bit of a hill. So there is an incline on the approach and a decent on the exit. Again, nothing bad but it limits the type and length of the RV that will stay there.

For instance, a 45' Class A will probably fit with no problem. But the front of the RV will be at the beginning of the decent area, and the rear of the RV will be at the end of the assent area, if that makes any sense? Most of us can drive right up, park and go on about our merry way. But someone with diminishing skills (whatever age that might be) might find the site to be a bit intimidating.

Also, a 5th wheel would have an additional set of restrictions as the truck that is pulling it may be on the exit decent when the RV is centered in the actual site. That would create a problem when trying to disconnect the pull vehicle from the RV, so I try to limit the length of 5th wheel that will be in the site.

Make sense?

I went to your website and it loaded very slowly for me (Looks great though). I have Frontier fiber (FIOS) at the house. The initial load took maybe 30 seconds and when I clicked on RV Sites it took a good 30 seconds to load. The individual site pics took several minutes to load, but eventually did.
Some questions: Using your site map, I drive in the main road and get to the overflow parking area. Is this where we drop our towed? I see in several spots on your web site "Site prices include up to 4 people per site and 1 licensed vehicle." So that is why I ask where we put our towed. Might need to clarify somewhere? So lets say I do drop off my towed in the overflow area and continue on with RV to the camp site, what is the best way to get back to your vehicle if say, I forgot something in towed? Yes, I could walk the road back to it, but I bet most will cut through the camp sites. I ask because you mention "Do not walk through occupied campsites!"
Thank you for that RKins. Not sure why it's taking so long to load, but I have the same problems with the pictures as you.

As for the towed, you will pull into what we call "Main Street" and disconnect the towed. Then back (or pull) into your site and park your towed in the appropriate are by your site. Some sites you will park in front of your RV, some will park beside the RV. But nobody has to park across the lot from their site. (I have a map with detailed directions that will be sent to the visitor prior to their arrival. Below is a part of it.)

Arrival at Deer Springs RV Park

• Turn left onto the gravel road just before the Deer Spring sign. Pull up to the sign that says, “Stop Here”.
  • Exit your vehicle and go to the code entry box on the passenger side of your vehicle.
  • Enter your code.
  • Drive through the gate and veer to the right onto the blacktop road. (You are the green arrow!)

Driveway Entrance.png

Follow the road a few hundred feet and you will see the park on your left. (You are still the green arrow!)

Driveway Entrance Continued.png

You may unhook your toad on “Main Street”. Park your car in an unused area of the park and then move your RV into the site you have been assigned. Your site is marked on the image above.

Last edited:
Part of the above instructions are a bit incorrect as the gate has not yet been installed. :)

Haven't followed this thread for awhile. EXTREMELY impressed with your layout and how you designed your park Jim.

It's a little hard to determine the actual length of MH that can go in some of the sites. Myself, I can drive anything, and parking a 45' RV in any of the sites would not be a problem. But not everyone has the same comfort level when driving a vehicle of length, and some people shouldn't be driving a car, let alone a 45' RV. So I have tried to limit what length of RV will be allowed in each site, based on the skill set of a moderate driver.

Most sites are pretty plug-n-play with respect to parking. But site 2 may require a bit of jockeying. Nothing bad, but for a novice RV'er, it might be problematic. Site 7 is higher than the rest of the sites, as it is on a bit of a hill. So there is an incline on the approach and a decent on the exit. Again, nothing bad but it limits the type and length of the RV that will stay there.

For instance, a 45' Class A will probably fit with no problem. But the front of the RV will be at the beginning of the decent area, and the rear of the RV will be at the end of the assent area, if that makes any sense? Most of us can drive right up, park and go on about our merry way. But someone with diminishing skills (whatever age that might be) might find the site to be a bit intimidating.

Also, a 5th wheel would have an additional set of restrictions as the truck that is pulling it may be on the exit decent when the RV is centered in the actual site. That would create a problem when trying to disconnect the pull vehicle from the RV, so I try to limit the length of 5th wheel that will be in the site.

Make sense?
Makes sense but you may be excluding too many which is why I think you need to measure to get some numbers. Many of your top supporters here ready to visit are in 43ft Newmars. Which is actually 43’10”. I was recently at a SP where I had to put my 40 (40’10”) into a 45’ spot. It worked but tight due to toad. Looks like you have room for toads so my guess is you probably can accommodate up to 45 with no issue where you are restricting to 40.

I identify as a diminished driver 99% of the time :)

Latest resources

Back