• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Building a small RV park.

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Makes sense but you may be excluding too many which is why I think you need to measure to get some numbers. Many of your top supporters here ready to visit are in 43ft Newmars. Which is actually 43’10”. I was recently at a SP where I had to put my 40 (40’10”) into a 45’ spot. It worked but tight due to toad. Looks like you have room for toads so my guess is you probably can accommodate up to 45 with no issue where you are restricting to 40.

I identify as a diminished driver 99% of the time :)
Agree - having a 45’ + trailer, when we plan our travel we like to understand total space AND the area where the RV sits.
When there is slope, like site 7, it can be very helpful to understand how big the area is for the rig as a separate item from total length.
There are many parks that we skip over because they list 40’ or 45’ and nothing else.

Last edited:
Looks quite professional.
A feature I've appreciated on other sites is individual pictures of each campsite with the information of what exactly fits in it, etc, captioned with the picture.

We've had a situation where an overflow of grandkids piled up in a tent next to our camper. The campground was clear that tenting on their grass was fine with them and other campgrounds were clear that that was not OK. It was nice to know right off. That one time we did that anyway.
Maybe some more emphasis on how dog-friendly you are?

Directions to the Park. There are some people like @Neal that enjoy small country roads with narrow bridges, small tunnels, hairpin turns and low hanging trees. Helpful to others would be recommended direction from north, east, south and west.

I think once you start taking reservations this would be included on your site. Understand everything is a project for you and you have done a wonderful job.

Directions to the Park. There are some people like @Neal that enjoy small country roads with narrow bridges, small tunnels, hairpin turns and low hanging trees. Helpful to others would be recommended direction from north, east, south and west.

I think once you start taking reservations this would be included on your site. Understand everything is a project for you and you have done a wonderful job.
Yes, I have that. It's part of the kit we send when someone makes a reservation.

Directions - Short version: From intersection of Georgia Rd & Hwy 64, take 64W exactly 11.8 miles to West Old Murphy Rd. Take a left and go ¼ mile to Deer Springs RV Park.

Directions - Detailed version: From intersection of Georgia Rd & Hwy 64, take 64W 11.8 miles to West Old Murphy Rd. At exactly 6 miles, the 4-lane road you are on will turn into a 2 lane, and the road that intersects is also West Old Murphy Road. Do not turn left here, to do so will take you up a very winding road that you do NOT want to be on. Continue on the now-2-lane road until you come to West Old Murphy Rd. Sign will say “Wallace Gap.” Take a left and go ¼ mile to 8301 West Old Murphy Road. You will see the Deer Springs RV Park sign on the left.

Note: You will lose cell phone coverage at 9.6 miles, which is called the scenic overlook. Any calls you need to make must be made before you get to the scenic overlook.

Yes, I have that. It's part of the kit we send when someone makes a reservation.

Directions - Short version: From intersection of Georgia Rd & Hwy 64, take 64W exactly 11.8 miles to West Old Murphy Rd. Take a left and go ¼ mile to Deer Springs RV Park.

Directions - Detailed version: From intersection of Georgia Rd & Hwy 64, take 64W 11.8 miles to West Old Murphy Rd. At exactly 6 miles, the 4-lane road you are on will turn into a 2 lane, and the road that intersects is also West Old Murphy Road. Do not turn left here, to do so will take you up a very winding road that you do NOT want to be on. Continue on the now-2-lane road until you come to West Old Murphy Rd. Sign will say “Wallace Gap.” Take a left and go ¼ mile to 8301 West Old Murphy Road. You will see the Deer Springs RV Park sign on the left.

Note: You will lose cell phone coverage at 9.6 miles, which is called the scenic overlook. Any calls you need to make must be made before you get to the scenic overlook.
Could you get permission to post roadside signs at the 6-mile point saying “Deer Springs RV Park 5.8 miles ahead” and at the 11.8-mile point saying “Deer Springs RV Park left 1/4 mile?” Roadside signage with arrows could be your friend here.

TJ

This is looking like a very fine and classy RV Resort. You guys have done a bang up job with all the details. I hope to make it down that direction someday. Don't sweat the small details. Great Job !!!

lol, picked up a couple of tomato plants while we were running around over the weekend. Soon to be "free" tomatoes. So how cool is that? You're making a dinner salad and there are fresh tomatoes growing just a bit down from your site.

DSCN4174.JPG

DSCN4175.JPG

DSCN4173.JPG

Last edited:
Worked on the roads, planted some trees and bushes, and plumbed site 7. Some miscellaneous pictures. Also, @Neal, gives you a bit of perspective on what I was saying about the entrance and exit at site 7.

DSCN4159.JPG

DSCN4163.JPG

DSCN4166.JPG

DSCN4171.JPG

Attachments

• DSCN4161.JPG
    DSCN4161.JPG
    137.4 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Maybe bring in a 43er friend and try out each site?

"We have 1 pull-through site, 2 pull-in sites and 5 back-in sites. Several of our sites will accommodate RV’s up to 45′ and there is plenty of room for your toad. "

On the about page - ....5 back-in site....... -- should be: sites

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back