Building a small RV park.

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
The Deer Springs RV Campground Initiative

Trish and I have wanted to make a small RV Campground for a long time, but we just didn’t have the time. But lately, our interest has been renewed and I think we’re going to make a run at it.

The site we have chosen is a meadow down at the bottom of our property. It’s not perfectly level, but I had a company come by on Tuesday and take a look at leveling it out. The road coming in must be widened as well. Everything is subject to change of course, but here is what I’m planning at this time.

We hope to have a total of 7 sites, 4 pull through and 3 back in. This give us 6 for rental purpose and 1 for a campground host.

The good stuff: (depending on how you look at it)
  • There will be full hookups at all of them
  • Charcoal BBQ and fire rings
  • There will be a minimum of 40’ between each of the individual RV pads, more in some cases
  • The views are wonderful, and the setting is remotely luxurious
  • Two huge dog runs, one for small dogs and one for larger dogs
  • On site laundry room
  • A nice pavilion with large, group BBQ setup
  • Killer hiking, fishing and great stock Jeep trails abound. We’ll provide custom maps, GPS coordinates, etc.
The not so good stuff: (again, depending on how you look at it)
  • There is no cell service in the area
  • No cable and no Internet. I hope to be able to solve the Internet issue but I’m not sure just yet
  • There will be no showers or toilets. There is plenty of room for them if we decide later to add them. But with full hookups, the guests should be OK and we don’t want the extra maintenance.
I’m very interested in everyone’s comments, suggestions and ideas. Below are some pictures of the project area.

Thank you all!

View attachment 2223

View attachment 2225

View attachment 2226

View attachment 2227

View attachment 2228
Hi looks wonderful /My name is MIKE ROBINSON AND I AM OFFICIALLY applying for the camp host position ,PS can start immediately Thanks Mike

My only thought is don't over build. The greenery is the beauty and serenity of camping.

My only thought is don't over build. The greenery is the beauty and serenity of camping.
Oh lord no, @Neal, we would never do that. The whole Deer Springs experience is based on providing enough space to enjoy the beauty of the area. With almost 50 acres to work with, I promise you we will never be just another cramped, overdeveloped, commercial project.

Nice improvement to site #8 today. :)

DSCN5467.JPG

DSCN5469.JPG

@Jim ... sorry if this question has already been asked before but I did not see it from a quick search.

Satellite Friendly Sites ... the only one I saw mentioned that may not be was #8. We are getting ready to book and I was hoping for a satellite friendly site (like for direct TV). Are the other sites ok?

FLSteve

@Jim ... I just thought of a suggestion. Maybe add a "north arrow" to the park maps that are on the web site?

1628595927781.png

1628596083215.png

@Jim ... sorry if this question has already been asked before but I did not see it from a quick search.

Satellite Friendly Sites ... the only one I saw mentioned that may not be was #8. We are getting ready to book and I was hoping for a satellite friendly site (like for direct TV). Are the other sites ok?

FLSteve
I don't know @FLSteve, I don't have Direct TV any longer, switched to Dish. I know that I have had trouble with site 7 & 8 but if I can get a long enough cable I might be able to get around the trees. Let me do some testing on the other sites and I'll get back with you. OK?

Last edited:
Thanks @Jim ... it's not a huge deal but if there is a choice it would be nice. I think our dish generally points in a southwest direction.

FLSteve

Thanks @Jim ... it's not a huge deal but if there is a choice it would be nice. I think our dish generally points in a southwest direction.

FLSteve
Yep, I downloaded a satellite app and I'm on my way to the park in a few minutes. :)

My line of sight is basically from the middle of the motorhome roof wherever it is parked.

FLSteve

Latest resources

Back