• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Building a small RV park.

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
My line of sight is basically from the middle of the motorhome roof wherever it is parked.

FLSteve
Sites 3,4, 5 and 6 see the Direct TV Sats clearly. Site 2 can see them if you have a tailgater and can stretch out the cable 25'-30'. If it were me, I like sites #4 or #5, either is quite nice.

Site #5 has 2 picnic tables, one by the gazebo and next to your RV, and the other is in a leisure area up and behind where the motor home sits. See pics below. Benefits of Site #5 are also its drawbacks. For instance, the firepit is up and away from the motor home, so smoke is seldom an issue. But being that far away means you have a ways to walk, and at night that might prove challenging for some people.

The large tree in the leisure area provides nice shade in the afternoon, and is a wonderful place to kick back, relax, read a book, if anyone does that anymore?

DSCN5386.JPG

DSCN4366.JPG

Site #4 is very nice too and everything is on the same level. The firepit is far enough away from the motor home that it shouldn't be a problem.

DSCN5392.JPG

DSCN4519.JPG

DSCN4939.JPG

Both are nice sites, and according to my app, both don't appear to have any issues of seeing the Direct TV satellites.

@Jim - Perfect ... thank you so much. We will take a look and pick one of these if available for our dates. (Might be information you want to add to your web site as well when you describe the sites.)

FLSteve

ok ... just booked site #5. Web reservation page worked great. See you next month.

FLSteve

Since I use Dish Network, I feel left out. Am I being purposely discriminated against?:(:ROFLMAO:

ok ... just booked site #5. Web reservation page worked great. See you next month.

FLSteve
Thank you for your support @FLSteve ! Looking forward to visiting with you guys and please, let me know if there is anything you anticipate needing when you arrive.

Edit: Ha, looks like @GlampDaddy will be leaving Site 5 the same day you pull into Site 5! lol, back-to-back RVForums members!

Last edited:

FLSteve
A quick update on the Direct TV reception. There is a fellow in Site #5 (your site) and he is getting excellent reception. I figured as much as the app I was using showed a clear sky, but it's always nice to have rock solid confirmation. :)

Last edited:
A quick update on the Direct TV reception. There is a fellow in Site #5 (your site) and he is getting excellent reception. I figured as much as the app I was using showed a clear sky, but it's always nice to have rock solid confirmation. :)
@Jim … Thank you for letting us know. You’re correct, it’s always good to get intel from the front line. See you in a couple weeks.

FLSteve

FLSteve
Hey Steve, you'll really like #5...that's where Jim keeps all the fire wood. We were there in June and will be there again, leaving the same day you arrive. Deer Springs will make the first leg of our trip to Hoots.
-GrayOwl- aka GlampDaddy

Latest resources

Back