• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Building a small RV park.

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
@Jim I assume you have someone putting together a website for you or will it all be through Facebook?

Just an observation on the wifi/cell coverage issue. I assume you have internet somewhere in the property, you can possibly extend that to the camp ground area and install multiple wifi access points. If the distance from the existing internet service to the campground is too far for a wire, they have line of sight transmitters that work relatively well. Providing wifi to the campground reduced the need for cell service somewhat.

Just an observation on the wifi/cell coverage issue. I assume you have internet somewhere in the property, you can possibly extend that to the camp ground area and install multiple wifi access points. If the distance from the existing internet service to the campground is too far for a wire, they have line of sight transmitters that work relatively well. Providing wifi to the campground reduced the need for cell service somewhat.
The only Internet available out here is satellite, and is very unreliable. But I'm still working through the FCC to try and motivate Verizon or AT&T to look at the best interests of our community.

From what I'm told, the problem lies at Governor Coopers doorstep. Governor Cooper could help our cause, but Verizon and AT&T are busy with their 5G expansion and don't want to dedicate assets to our small area. So while both companies are promising to expand service to us, they don't want to do it right now. And as both companies have better lobbyists than Deer Springs has, we don't stand much of a chance.

I did however find a company that has fiber in the area (Balsam West) and I have reached out to them. They will contact me on Monday, or so I'm told.

Fingers crossed. :)

@Jim I assume you have someone putting together a website for you or will it all be through Facebook?
I will develop a site when I get some time. I generally work on things like that when we're on a trip and I can't do anything physical on the project. We're headed for Bluewater Key in a few weeks and hopefully I'll get some time to work on it.

Some random pics as we cut through the top of the hill. This will be the driveway you will use as you exit Deer Springs RV Park.

DSCN1943.JPG

DSCN1945.JPG

DSCN1950.JPG

Progress, what more can you ask for. Good weather to continue?

@Jim reminds me of that show in Alaska where they are always building, clearing, doing something like this.

New to the site and new to RVing... but I love watching a "Dammit I'm gonna do it" attitude.

The reason I camp is to get away from wifi, cell, technology. Just make it clear it is not available but have a landline present. Most places I tent camp don't have coverage.

Will you have a store/general office that can provide assistance? Firewood? You mentioned trails, but what about hunting and fishing? Hiking? Mountain biking?

Not trying to be a downer, but those are things I would look for.

I wish you well with your venture and hopefully I will visit soon.

Will you have a store/general office that can provide assistance? Firewood? You mentioned trails, but what about hunting and fishing? Hiking? Mountain biking?
There will be a campground host on duty and easily accessible. You are free to hike the property and if you are more adventurous, we are quite close to the Appalachian Trail. Up the road a few miles is access to the river and from what I hear, great fly fishing.

We will have a self-service, honor system store that will stock the most needed items (but not everything) and a free to use laundry facility. Firewood is also complementary.

I hope to see you next Spring!

Latest resources

Back