• Commercial/Vendors welcome

BURPING the system

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
My water pump was acting up a little and I've known ever since installing this one I may have had a problem with the screen filter on the inlet side of the pump. In Tucson I removed the screen filter as it was a source of an air leak I believe causing the pump to run oddly. If you have an air leak the pump will have problems as you describe. We filter the water going into the tank, in your case like mine we have at least two filters depending on if you use one prior to your water softener that would make 3. You (or Jack) could just go in and remove the screen filter at your water pump and connect the hose coming from the fresh tank to the pump directly, all the same fittings. Mine are quick release, some may have screw on. It's super simple, you could do it. Just detach and reattach the lines going into the pump, if that doesn't work then the line on the other side of the pump going into your coach. You can either detach/reattach the pump connections or do as I did and completely remove the screen filter at the water pump and see how that works for you. I think that screen is overkill and in my case was a cause for problems. No issues since removing the screen filter for me.

Turn off city water AND the water pump prior to doing this.
Okay, I'll newgle because I'm not sure what the water pump looks like other than looking at @NWIP's photo. BUT not now....pickleball calls.

The water pump is mounted to the left wall behind the wet bay panel. Look up behind the panel, left wall. If you're quadruple jointed you'll have it made :)

I think that screen is overkill and in my case was a cause for problems. No issues since removing the screen filter for me.
I agree that the screen is overkill and having it causes potential problems. I've never found any debris caught by the screen filter as the while house filter would catch debris before it gets into the tank. Several times we have had air leaks at the screen filter o-ring. The pump would stop running when its manual turned off / on. It would stay off until there was demand for water again, at which time it would continue to run due to the air leak. I have not yet permanently removed the screen filter, but probably will once the air leak reappears.

Latest resources

Back