Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Kevorows

RVF Newbee
Can you guys help me make a list for my cousin. She and her husband want to start looking for a used RV before the spring comes. But I think they should take a checklist along with them and learn more about used rv for sale. I think it would be kind of hard to buy a used trailer or whatever because there are so many things that could be wrong. Like the working order of the stove, fridge, furnace and taps.
Is the vehicle in good condition inside or does it look like it has been trashed?
Can you add some others so I can put this in a spreadsheet and print it out.

One recommendation would be to have them hire a certified inspector to go through what they decide they want to pursue.

We had it done in our new unit and was worth the money for the peace of mind.

What market? Private or dealer?
I would call before I went and have them start all equipment. Water heater, A/C, water pump. Anything not running assume it doesn't work? Offer to run a hose to flood the roof. Any hesitation likely is a problem!

Inspection is only a small part, it must work, not just look fit.

Might I also recommend copies of my two previous posts, before looking further!!!

All good advice above. Ask for all associated owners manuals for the individual appliances. If they don't give them to you then you will certainly be coming back here looking for them later. And who knows if they are still available.

Good tires? They are expensive. Including the spare. Check the DOT date code embossed into the tire sidewall.

Good black and gray water drain hoses?

How old is the battery? Yes, these things have large, expensive batteries and they lose their ability to deliver amps (not just volts) as they age.

Is the black tank truly and actually emptied? If that solidified into a monolith, you will likely be replacing the entire tank.

Rick

Latest resources

Back