• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Cable (cord) cut...

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Uh @Neal we just put an 8k in the S&B and you won’t believe the picture. I think you are going to need to upgrade again. Just saying…..

Sad Family Time GIF by Lifetime

We’ve been very pleased with quality of YouTube TV without 4K enabled. Don’t yet see a reason to pay the extra for 4K.

I’m late to this party so please bear with me. I use the OTA antenna outside connection on my travel trailer for watching local channels inside my home sometimes. (It helps, of course, that I keep my trailer in my backyard.) I ran coax in conduit from just behind my trailer to the tv in the house. Maybe one day I’ll tell y’all my setup. After almost a year I’m finally pleased with what I’m getting.

Last edited:
I did order a few OTA antennas I'm going to try out. We have good OTA service here (HD) and that will be nice to have without a need for any services such as YouTube TV as I'm trying to avoid TV for now. This may help when I have the "need".

Hi Neal, I found those are very good but seem to be directional. The FCC has a lookup with single strength in your area but this site has great visuals. (You prob already knew this via HAM)

Regards
F92321F0-79F2-4791-9586-526BDB62BBBC.png

Nice find. I have since gone back to my Wineguard Rayzar on the roof which works well on my coach and now with newer TV's all is working well too.

Nice find. I have since gone back to my Wineguard Rayzar on the roof which works well on my coach and now with newer TV's all is working well too.
I need to revisit mine again. Good to know.

Another benefit of YouTube TV just now used...everything is recorded and can be replayed. I turned off the Tampa game last night as I thought it was over with 2 minutes to go, had family leaving so didn't think twice. I then learned they won so just now I was able to watch the last two minutes of the game! cool!

Another benefit of YouTube TV just now used...everything is recorded and can be replayed. I turned off the Tampa game last night as I thought it was over with 2 minutes to go, had family leaving so didn't think twice. I then learned they won so just now I was able to watch the last two minutes of the game! cool!
One disadvantage of their DVR service is when you delete a recording it doesn’t go away for quite a while. It’s either 6 months or a year. It doesn’t seem like a deal-breaker but it was annoying to me.

I realize you're using Starlink RV, does it tell you how many Gb you're using while traveling?

Latest resources

Back