• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Cable (cord) cut...

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I've never looked for Starlink bandwidth consumption. I imagine it's in the app somewhere.

We currently have Dish on both the RV and at Home it runs about $175.00 a month. We have Fiber internet from a local company and it's about $80.00 currently I think we are guaranteed that for a few more months. Plus an old 30gb Verizon sim card in the Pepwave.
We are using a Parsec Antenna and a Pepwave Max router with a Verizon 30gb sim card from an old Mifi.

What I'm thinking is to, Maybe cut Dish and the fiber internet all together. Get Starlink RV and if possible 2 dishes one to mount and a portable for the MH. Keep the Verizon plan for on the road usage and as a backup. Then subscribe to something like YouTube TV.
Budget is important but coverage is more important due to a need for connectivity. I'm guessing but I'm sure we don't use 500gb a month of data. YTTV might change that though.

Can you get 2 dishes with Starlink and just move the router back and forth or is there a better solution than this?

2nd question, do all of the TV's need to be smart Tv's?

TV's only require an HDMI port as there are hardware devices such as I use Apple TV on all of my TV's even with them being smart TV's. I like the Apple TV hardware as I'm an iPhone/iPad user there are other benefits.

As to multiple dishes for Starlink, I doubt it but you'd have to ask them. Dishy's are not cheap at $500 each. I would just get one system and move it where you want to use it which is very easy.

Just got an email notification that YouTube TV is raising prices from $64.99 to $72.99.

We cut the cord months ago. Stream YouTube, Amazon Fire Stik, Free Movies. Watch reruns mostly, new TV shows are crap😁

. . . . new TV shows are crap😁
Amen!!

We ditched cable in early 2012 and relied on Netflix and the local channels we could get through the TV's internal antenna. Netflix got the boot in 2016 after they raised prices one too many times. We've since relied on streaming whatever can be found online and a growing library of DVDs, which are 95% just for the kids with a few old Burt Reynolds & Steve McQueen flix in the mix, and of course the Blues Brothers.

I don't want to dive into a TV subscription as I'm trying to spend my time better such as reading. But, I did just check out the free 20 minute preview of YouTube TV without starting a free trial yet and I like it. I like that I don't need a TV. My computer (while in my office) or anywhere, you can watch TV which is nice, should you want to. My Internet speed (GiGe) is $89.99/mo and if I add YouTube TV I'll still save around $50/mo over Verizon FIOS. Not the reason I'm doing this but it's still a financially better option for those such as my mother that needs other options on a strict budget.
Didn't you just install a new top of the line TV in the living room? :unsure:🤣 Just saying!

Didn't you just install a new top of the line TV in the living room? :unsure:🤣 Just saying!
All TV's are new. Did you imply I should turn them on??? :LOL:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back