• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Cable (cord) cut...

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I've been lucky with CG's with cable and some areas OTA is sufficient to watch games too. I'll have to see how things go as I still have to figure out college football but locals will typically suffice, assuming I can get OTA or cable.

I may need to pony up for YouTube TV for the season.

I did it - signed up for YouTube TV. Can't miss my games. So far enjoying it.

I will likely keep NFL+ for the season. I really like how you can watch any game. I've had many times where I can't watch my team as they are out of my local area's broadcasting. We'll see how this works after the season officially starts.

Last edited:
@Neal, wanted to verify...with NFL+ you can watch out-of-market Preseason games. What is your understanding of the ability to watch out-of-market live regular season games? I have heard that DirecTV still has that locked up for one more year then it may transition to Apple TV. What say you?

Based on the verbiage I am thinking it's a no. Will have to wait and see.

Good luck! Following your experience.

I'm enjoying YouTube TV, watching Football at the moment but what I like about this new way of TV is I'm not tied to a TV! I'm at my computer catching up and my iPad is to the left with the game on. I think we are entering an era where SAT and CABLE are going to be the VCR's of the past. I didn't see the value in YouTube early on, it turned into a gold mine and now people dub it "YouTube University" as it's such a great resource for learning too. YouTube TV will learn what you watch and suggest what's on for you which is nice. The picture is great. I am lucky to have several unlimited Internet plans (AT&T, Verizon, and Starlink).

I have an antenna and a Roku or Firestick in the home and in the RV.
I dropped cable over two years ago.

I'm enjoying YouTube TV, watching Football at the moment but what I like about this new way of TV is I'm not tied to a TV! I'm at my computer catching up and my iPad is to the left with the game on. I think we are entering an era where SAT and CABLE are going to be the VCR's of the past. I didn't see the value in YouTube early on, it turned into a gold mine and now people dub it "YouTube University" as it's such a great resource for learning too. YouTube TV will learn what you watch and suggest what's on for you which is nice. The picture is great. I am lucky to have several unlimited Internet plans (AT&T, Verizon, and Starlink).
@Neal, have you had an opportunity to "record" any shows? If so, have you been able to fast-forward through commercials or does YouTube TV force you to sit through them?

@Neal, have you had an opportunity to "record" any shows? If so, have you been able to fast-forward through commercials or does YouTube TV force you to sit through them?
No, haven't tried that yet.

We record shows all the time. It’s a great feature of YT TV. The answer is it depends on the age of the show is what I see. A show I watch got recorded last night and I could not fast forward. On Saturday night, I watched a different recorded show that was recorded over a week ago and could fast forward through it.

Latest resources

Back