Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question Can you guys tell me about your experience with your SS Agile?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

confusednewbie

RVF Newbee
Hello! We are thinking about buying a Mercedes Roadtrek ss agile, but having concerns about the lack of generator. When driving around and if someone is sitting in the back it cool enough without using the main ac? What problems will I encounter with just the power systems they have in place? I was told I won't have enough battery to run the AC, and if I do it will only be for 4 hours. I have someone trying to convince me to go with the winnebago solis instead but I really do like the Roadtrek- what do you think?

What year Agile SS are you considering? Our 2007 Agile SS has a built in LP generator which is very handy for using the A/C off grid. The batteries will not run the A/C. We mostly use the A/C while connected to shore power. It runs well on 30A supply, provided you don't run the microwave simultaneously.
While the Fantastic Fan circulates air very well, I would not wish to rely on it exclusively during hot weather.
Side note: The bathroom vent fan is very effective at exhausting bathroom odors before they enter the rest of the RV.
We really enjoy the compactness of the Agile SS and ability to park in a normal sized parking spot.

What year Agile SS are you considering? Our 2007 Agile SS has a built in LP generator which is very handy for using the A/C off grid. The batteries will not run the A/C. We mostly use the A/C while connected to shore power. It runs well on 30A supply, provided you don't run the microwave simultaneously.
While the Fantastic Fan circulates air very well, I would not wish to rely on it exclusively during hot weather.
Side note: The bathroom vent fan is very effective at exhausting bathroom odors before they enter the rest of the RV.
We really enjoy the compactness of the Agile SS and ability to park in a normal sized parking spot.
Hi thank you for your reply! We are likely looking 2016 and above, the one we saw today was a 2017 and did not have a generator. I would be concerned about if I wanted to boondock for a little bit and the ac didn't work, considering we live somewhere that it gets pretty hot!

Yes the size of the Roadtrek is so perfect for us, I really like that aspect as well!

We just bought a 2010 SS Agile last month. I did notice that while we were driving on a hot day last weekend the chassis a/c (i.e. just the dashboard vents) seemed to cool the entire RV decently. Our dogs were on the bed in back and seemed comfortable (one is very heat intolerant). Hope that helps.

We just bought a 2010 SS Agile last month. I did notice that while we were driving on a hot day last weekend the chassis a/c (i.e. just the dashboard vents) seemed to cool the entire RV decently. Our dogs were on the bed in back and seemed comfortable (one is very heat intolerant). Hope that helps.
I agree. Ours too. I was thinking more of being parked in the sun for long periods off grid. Driving is no problem despite the glass due to rear window tinting and insulation presumably. If you're going from RV park to RV park or driveway to driveway (where you can plug in to enough power for your rooftop A/C you should be fine without a generator.

We currently own a 2023 Agile and previously owned a 2014 Agile. They are fabulous, We prefer the smaller length and better mileage of the short Sprinter and are impressed with the Roadtrek Agile design and aesthetic. There’s plenty of room for two plus a dog, while easy to maneuver and park.

Both Agile’s had generators, but we never used the 2014 generator. Both also had solar panels which work well, but would not power AC. We have used the 2023 generator so far, but only briefly. It’s much quieter than the 2014 generator. We plug into shore power when we use AC. We understand we can use battery power in the 2023 to run the AC for a short time because it has far more battery capacity than the 2014, but we haven’t tried it. That was not possible with the 2014 unless we turned on the generator. The 2023 came with window covers that work well to reduce heat. In the 2014 we bought reflectors to put in the windows to help cut heat. It will get hot inside in summer if you’re parked in the sun. We need AC to keep it cool if it’s hot outside. We avoid parking in sun. The 2023 has far more battery power than the 2014 so we can easily use the microwave and induction stove when not connected to shore power by turning on the inverter for a short time. That wasn’t possible with the 2014. That said, the 2014 was great and we enjoyed it for many years. Good luck with your decision!

Latest resources

Back