• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Ceiling Lights

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I read this thread and shut the salesman switch off for a couple minutes, so far all is good, no more flicker
I had high hopes that would resolve my issue when I first tried it, but did not work.

Yes. I left it off for several minutes. I can dim and the indicator is red as I move it up and down as if it was working, but no ceiling lights. 🫤
Probably the control board😕

[Rant removed - seeing what she has been through on this coach triggers me. Off topic, irrelevant]
If that's the case, you should remove mine as well.

Strangest thing. So I finally got hold of the mobile tech that Newmar recommended and he is coming this afternoon.

Meanwhile I went to my closet to look at the box in my closet and found that it was open. So strange. Looks like the wire above is about to burn out too. Do you think the fire burst forced the door open? And what would cause them to burn out.

1707413087417.jpeg

It COULD have been a faulty connection.

At least you have the problem narrowed down now.

The one above looks like it was heated from below.

As above, could have been a bad crimp causing it to heat up.

And FWIW, I’m really glad that didn’t escalate into something no one wants.

Wow! That could have been really serious. It’s possible that the lower one was rubbing on the ring of the upper one causing a short…..lucky, lucky there was no further fire/damage!

Hopefully, Newmar/KIB will figure out why it happened and just not fix the wire.

Hopefully, Newmar/KIB will figure out why it happened and just not fix the wire.
The mobile tech could not figure out why it happened. He fixed the wire and for now it's a mystery. It doesn't appear to be getting hot. Thinking I'll add another smoke detector back there to join the family of four detectors that I already have in the coach - just in case. 😳

Latest resources

Back