• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Ceiling Lights

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Great attitude. Just sad to hear of all you’ve gone through from the beginning until now. Boils my blood with what you’ve endured and how you’ve been treated by some.

Stay on topic people. Come on. Umm, yeah, okay. Got it. Check.

Back to your original programming…I mean lights…

Argentina GIF

Newmar has been very supportive and willing to make things right. They extended my warranty a year, gave me a credit in the parts department, paid for my fuel and campgrounds to go to the service center to have warranty issues dealt with.
That’s pretty darned impressive, and encouraging given the bad things I’ve read about C/S going downward on the whole.

I’m also happy to see you’ve almost got it right.

Update: Rick from Newmar LA Customer Service called me first thing this morning. We went through some fuses in the power reel bay that I had not tried. Nothing helped. One lone puck light in front of front tv came on. It seems to me that Neal has the right of it - something has gone kaput with the section controlling the ceiling lights and I'm uncertain as to how a mobile tech will figure that out. Sigh. 🤞

I'm uncertain as to how a mobile tech will figure that out.
@NWIP is a pretty smart guy, I have high confidence in his abilities! ;)

@ARD How about a newmar mobile tech? Are you within 100 miles of one?

I've been trying to sort through this in my head as to what could cause it. Did all lights fail at once? Doubt it. The flickering prior to failure means something was about to fail or the power source was unstable.

First thing to try: Salesman switch off for over 1 minute

Otherwise there has to be a component failure that occurred. I'm not smart on this coach, I don't know what controls sections of lights, if it's controlled by a KIB board, relay, etc. I don't know if it's silverleaf controlled, i.e. some have talked about silverleaf resets, would that be an option?

You might try John brown at KIB for ideas.

Latest resources

Back