Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
KIB main number 574-262-0518

KIB main number 574-262-0518
Thanks for recommending that I speak to KIB. I did not speak to John Brown as he is an engineer there and typically doesn't speak with customers; however, I did speak with Walt and he was fantastic.

When I press the LCD panel for ceiling lights, the bar turns red as if it is turning the lights on. Walt explained that the fact the bar is lighting up red and I can dim, etc. (even though the lights aren't working) that there is communication going on to turn the 12v at the output terminal on. I believe my command board is in the back closet, but I will have to check. In any case, it is getting the signal so the switches are not the issue. The problem is narrowed down to either the string of lights got disconnected and or went bad.

I believe my command board is in the back closet, but I will have to check. In any case, it is getting the signal so the switches are not the issue. The problem is narrowed down to either the string of lights got disconnected and or went bad.
Can this be fixed without having to go to Nappanee?

Agreed Walt, also met at Tampa, is very knowledgeable and a good guy. Glad he was of help.

Can this be fixed without having to go to Nappanee?
It looks like it. Newmar got hold of a mobile tech that they said can make the repair. I should hear from him today or tomorrow. 😊

I have been following this and that touch screen turns on lights thru a relay. The relay might be bad also.

Renee I totally understand what you have been through, the frustration can be overwhelming and at times seems extremely personal. Only you know what’s right for you.
I believe you said that you tried the battery disconnect, did you leave the power off for a couple of minutes?
If not you can give that a try. If it still continues and it’s all of the lights in a zone, it sounds like a control board that is going out. One more thought, can you try and dim or un-dim the ceiling lights? I don’t believe it’s a ground issue if only one circuit is affected.

Last edited:
Renee I totally understand what you have been through, the frustration can be overwhelming and at times seems extremely personal. Only you know what’s right for you.
I believe you said that you tried the battery disconnect, did you leave the power off for a couple of minutes?
If not you can give that a try. If it still continues and it’s all of the lights in a zone, it sounds like a control board that is going out. One more thought, can you try and dim or un-dim the ceiling lights? I don’t believe it’s a ground issue if only one circuit is effected
Don't know if this is the same issue, my lights flickered and 2 randomly turn on in the night, I read this thread and shut the salesman switch off for a couple minutes, so far all is good, no more flicker

If not you can give that a try. If it still continues and it’s all of the lights in a zone, it sounds like a control board that is going out. One more thought, can you try and dim or un-dim the ceiling lights?
Yes. I left it off for several minutes. I can dim and the indicator is red as I move it up and down as if it was working, but no ceiling lights. 🫤

Latest resources

Back