Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

What vacuum do you use?

• Total voters
We have had central vac in last two coaches and we have it on order for our new DS. We seldom use it. The long hose makes it too much of a hassle.

We use a handheld Dyson.

The central vac is handy for cleaning the basement.

Last edited:
Actually I don’t use the central vac much, DW does a lot. I use it to vac the storage area and leaf blower outside occasionally.

Have it, but since Neil mentioning hand held Dyson, no longer use it.

We use the OEM central vac. We also haul a wet vac, leaf blower, and a broom. Of course transitioning from a 24' enclosed trailer toad to a tandem tow dolly will probably prevent us from hauling the wet vac and broom in the future.

I had no idea there was a basement hook up for the central vac. Is it on the housing where you change the bag?

We use the OEM central vac. We also haul a wet vac, leaf blower, and a broom. Of course transitioning from a 24' enclosed trailer toad to a tandem tow dolly will probably prevent us from hauling the wet vac and broom in the future.

I had no idea there was a basement hook up for the central vac. Is it on the housing where you change the bag?

Yes, located as you stated.

Yes we use the OEM Central vac and also carry a wet/dry vac for the garage bays.

Yes, located as you stated.

Thank you sir. Now I can toss my wet vac in our Florida storage facility knowing I won't need it.

Had central vac in past unit, it was only OK, if we wanted clean carpets we borrowed neighbors Dyson. So we did not order the CV in this one, and use the dyson stickV10. We love it, we swap it between home and MH. Purchased a separate charger, so have the permanent mount at home and we keep the stick by the passenger seat when parked, and on the bed when traveling. A piece of non-skid under the beater bar keeps it from sliding on the tile floor when parked. We don't have pets, so it only our dirt we clean up. It is superior to any other vacuum we have, except the upright Dyson we have at home. We mostly have hard wood floors, so the stick just does it all. The V-11 is on sale at Costco now, and it comes with a flexible hose attachment which would be nice for those high tight places. We have central vacuum at home, keeping the hose from scratching up the woodwork (trim at floor level), and sometimes the little contacts get corroded and it won't start. A pencil erasure cleans those up and then it works. The dyson is my go to unit for cleaning up the floor.

I really dislike dragging the hose around for the built in unit. We have a Dyson V8 at home and a V6 in the coach.

I really dislike dragging the hose around for the built in unit. We have a Dyson V8 at home and a V6 in the coach.
Doesn’t bother me at all. Plug in the hose and off you go.

Latest resources

Back