Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

What vacuum do you use?

• Total voters
Doesn’t bother me at all. Plug in the hose and off you go.
Likewise.....We store the hose in one of the ottomans......Someday, she's gonna teach me how to use the dang thing.

We have one but find Trish would rather use the portable. I'm not qualified to explain way.

The DW wanted central vac added to our coach but after discussing it it didn’t make any sense to us. Realized that it wasn’t an improvement considering we would have to store the hose and tools. So instead we upgraded our portable one. It stores easily in the wardrobe and all of the tools are always on it. While we continue to search for our next coach central vac is not on the must have list.

I have had central vac and kick panels in my last 3 busses and we love it. Wouldn't go any other way. i really like the outlet in the bay makes cleanup outside easy. Linda would strangle me if I did a bus without a CV. Storage has never been an issue just stays under the bed. I am thinking about a second hose to keep in the bays just because I'm lazy and don't like to go back inside to get the hose.

Ok, so we picked up the new coach in March and today I finally got around to trying out the central vac. We had this feature in our previous two coaches and I hardly ever used it because I found dragging the hose around to be a hassle. But I discovered today that this new one has an on/off switch on the business end of the hose. Much more convenient that having the thing start up when you plug it the wall. I like that. May use this one more often.

Attachments

• 422FB041-29B6-4806-ADD1-61B3C68F2BD3.jpeg
    422FB041-29B6-4806-ADD1-61B3C68F2BD3.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 7
I have the central vac and use, but not as frequently as my little shark that is plugged in beside the driver's seat. I find that it is a pain to get the vac out from under the bed. I use the shark everyday for quick clean up and then the central vac for a more thorough clean before the mopping begins.

All those with a Dyson...where do you store it? Just curious. No, @Neal ...I am not buying one! ?

I store my Dyson in the AV compartment in the bedroom. I velcro’d my dish box and Apple TV to the right wall so it opens up the compartment for better use.

I sometimes keep it assembled and leave it behind the passenger seat. You’ll love your new Dyson @ARD - no need for central vac ? It pairs nicely with your super steam cleaner like fine wine.

I have the central vac and use, but not as frequently as my little shark that is plugged in beside the driver's seat. I find that it is a pain to get the vac out from under the bed. I use the shark everyday for quick clean up and then the central vac for a more thorough clean before the mopping begins.

All those with a Dyson...where do you store it? Just curious. No, @Neal ...I am not buying one! ?
image.jpg

Fastened to the cabinet behind the co-pilot’s chair with 3M VHB tape. Keep all the attachments in that cubby and the floor stick goes behind the theater seats. We do have to remove it when we bring the slides in but we just put it on the bed while driving then stow it back on the cabinet when we settle in.

Cords are kind of messy as I just did this. Will figure some way to organize the cord better.

Since finding out on here last fall that there was a hook up in my basement compartment for the central vac, we now keep it stored down there and only use it on the inside of the SUV and basement compartments. The boss ordered the Dyson and loves it for inside. Still have the leaf blower for patio and drying vehicles after washing.

Latest resources

Back