• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Coffee in the coach

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Ok. If I ever get close to oneof you, I willpurchasea cup of yourfancy coffee and compare itto my Keurig, which I enjoy daily.😎

Now when it comes to Chinese, Indian, Jamaican or Thai food, be sure to follow me.😂
Same here, lol... I get up earler than Bob, and can't be running grinders, microwaves etc. Perfectly happy with my Keurig - 1st cup is regular, 2nd is flavored. Apple cider, tea, or hot chocolate for Bob (who doesn't drink coffee...and we're still married! 35+ years. 🥰 )

Up between 5:30 & 6:00 every morning, and good ol "Mr. Coffee" makes wonderful coffee within 10 minutes.
Add filter, add coffee, pour water....enjoy coffee! And it's good too!
Y'all make it too much work for an ol man!;)

@Neal , the first thing I am going to tell you is to dump that mesh filter or keep it when you run out of paper filters. Now you need to buy the proper filters for the Chemex and that is Chemex filters. It is very important to wet the filter prior to putting the ground coffee in it. You should be using a scale and measuring grams of water and grinds so I put 20 grams of beans ground in the filter and then the first pour is 50 grams to release the gases. Wait 30 seconds, pour 150 grams of water usually about 30 to 45 seconds depending on the grind, and then last pour to 300 grams of water. Toss the paper filter and enjoy the finest cup of coffee you will ever drink.

I really enjoy spending your money....
The chemex filters have some serious filtering going on. I poured water in Wednesday and am still waiting for my coffee! And my mechanical engineering degree was revoked when trying to figure out how to make a square filter be a funnel. :rolleyes:

The first pour seems good and if you're making one cup it seems fine. Trying to pour more water on a 2nd time seems to take forever.

lol. Some lessons are in store for you.

Yeah, I'm not falling for it. Everyone knows you can't put a square in a round hole. Duh!

The chemex filters have some serious filtering going on. I poured water in Wednesday and am still waiting for my coffee! And my mechanical engineering degree was revoked when trying to figure out how to make a square filter be a funnel. :rolleyes:

The first pour seems good and if you're making one cup it seems fine. Trying to pour more water on a 2nd time seems to take forever.
My wife uses one of those. Really slow drain means you have the coffee ground too fine. Back off on the grinder level and it will flow faster. Most have number levels to adjust.
Ken

I'm using the coarsest grind.

Something I saw.

Wow! I bet @sheridany is gonna get that!

Meahwhile, started working on my square filter at 6 AM. I'm close to getting it figured out. Need coffee!

I tried store bought filters, didn't like it, prefer the chemex square (thanks @sheridany) and I've been schooled not to try to make a gallon of coffee at a time, so I'm using my large RVF 20 oz mug I think it is (maybe 16) and enjoying one cup at a time. Great flavor. Love the coffee beans from freshroastedcoffee.com and now my new grinder that doses it properly and a nice coarse grind, and the pour over, all for an amazing flavorful cup (and yeah, I use creamer in my coffee and ketchup on my steak).

Latest resources

Back