• Commercial/Vendors welcome

DEF Head Failure

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Ouch, we went to MH to change out stuff on Wednesday, Murphy RegU, was 2.789 going over. Later in day, had to get tractor diesel, RegU was then 2.989, today it dropped to 2.969. They were getting a drop while we were leaving, no change in price. Diesel, weird, was still cheaper than RegU by a few cents. Have safe travels everyone. Going to be interesting summer.

Prepare for 5.49 Diesel in CA. We are in CA headed for IN,IL ID CA on the 20th Safe travels.
I'm going to try to avoid buying diesel in CA. Plan on purchasing fuel in Las Vegas (currently $3.50) and then after going to Palmdale for a week, head north via Carson City/Reno ($3.30). Then I'm thinking I'll pass thru Yakima WA area ($3.50). Looking to avoid Portland.

Plan on purchasing fuel in Las Vegas (currently $3.50) and then after going to Palmdale for a week, head north via Carson City/Reno ($3.30). Then I'm thinking I'll pass thru Yakima WA area ($3.50). Looking to avoid Portland.
395 north to Carson City is one of our favorite drives. If you haven’t explored the Alabama Hills where many of the old western films were shot you are missing an amazing area. Manzanar National Monument, a Japanese internment camp during WWII near Independence is also worth a visit. All in all a really nice rv experience.

Good Plan!, PDX at last heard, still experiencing significant unrest. Good Luck, if, I-84, Heyburn, ID, great County Park there along snake river. Also, at Exit 114??, in Oregon, eastbound on I-84, great park at John Day River confluence with Columbia River, called LaPaige. No recommendations on I-90 east, if that is route. Be safe, many idiots on road now, at least here.

Let’s keep thread on track please.

Driving Formula 1 GIF by Mercedes-AMG Petronas Formula One Team
Ok captain, ok.

Yep, my fault. Tried to explain the reason DEF head and long, long lead time. To wordy. Sorry all.

Yep, my fault. Tried to explain the reason DEF head and long, long lead time. To wordy. Sorry all.
Haha noooo, the thread digressed into travel planning. Once upon a time there was a man named Jed TJ who was good at policing threads :)

Update: Getting coach back tomorrow after new sensor after "Low DEF and Hot codes with engine light and alarms going off. They drained the DEF and filled it back up to make sure all bars were correct. They say the hot code was because the DEF system sits very close to the catalytic converter and we were coming through Baker Ca 118 degrees. They said they can put a barrier around it to somewhat protect it from the heat. Just thought I would pass this on. P.S. UGH! They backed the coach into the Dyno machine and scratched the back bumper. At least they called to tell us and said they will pay for it.

Latest resources

Back