RV Model
Ventana LE 4037
RV Length
40' 11"
TOW/TOAD
2021 Chevy Trailblazer
Fulltimer
No
We recently made the Covid19 mad dash home from our winter trip out west. To decrease the interactions with anyone, we dry camped our way home over 6 days. Now that we're home and everything is closed, including the nearest sanitary dump station, I'm beginning to worry about the waste tanks. Both toilets are macerators, so I know when the waste went into the black tank, there were no mountains. We also use RV Paper, so I know the paper breaks down rapidly. I added some of the gimmick tank additive, just in case. What is concerning me is several weeks (maybe months) of stationary tanks and contents. The nearest dump station normally opens the first week of May. It's managed by my county government, so I'm sure the priority for opening will be low. My black tank is at 2/3 full, so I was going to be filling it via the flush port to not only get it full, but also to agitate the contents a bit before dumping.

How long has anyone held their waste tank contents without having issues? Suggestions?

Not sure how long is OK to hold the waste...never had to do that before.... But do you have a sewer clean out at your home you could use?

Not sure how long is OK to hold the waste...never had to do that before.... But do you have a sewer clean out at your home you could use?

no

Sounds like a camping trip coming up? :) I think there is an app that shows dump stations, is there a Cabellas or anything nearby?

I've looked at sanidump, rvdumps, rvparky, campendium, rvlife and a couple more. The next nearest campground has a dump for registered guests only. No nearby RV repair stations have a dump. So yeah, a camping trip may be in order. Post quarantine, that is.

Some CG's will allow you to dump for small fee. May be worth a call.

thank you. Something to consider.

Loves, PFJ, Camping World and Roadies might also be an option.

I would definitely find some place to dump and flush the tanks. Long-term storage of...er..."black" stuff is not recommended.

TJ

This is one of those scenarios where adding a sanicon would save the day. You could connect a garden hose to the sanicon and pump into your house toilet.

Latest resources

Back