• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Answered Delayed Waste Tank Dump

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I have the Turbo 400S which is also easy to add. Bayonet mounted.

I would find a truck stop and dump. Not sure if there are any closer, but the Loves in Goshen has an RV dump. If I'm not mistaken aren't you folks getting some temps down in the 20's up there again?

This is one of those scenarios where adding a sanicon would save the day. You could connect a garden hose to the sanicon and pump into your house toilet.
I would be nervous as heck, pressure feeding the brown Apple sauce into the house. My coach came with Sanicon, but I never touched it. It stays in the storage bay. I let the gravity do the job.

I concur with @Buly regarding using the Sani-Con to pump into the house toilet. I can see a lot of bad things happening and all of them come in basic brown. :oops:

That said, we like--and use---our Sani-Con. It works great and I would have ho problem using it to pump to an external sewer connection point of some kind (clean-out, septic tank port, etc.). If something goes awry when pumping to an external connection point, it would be a bit of a mess, but certainly not on the order of having it happen inside the house.

TJ

That brings up a question. How fast canyou dump into the cleanout at the house. I always open the gate completely, when dumping, in order to ge as much outward pressure and swirling as possible. I would assume one would have to dump slowly, and thus inefficiently into the clean out. Can someone clarify who has done this?

In my experience, sewer clean-out fittings are usually 3" or 4" in residential applications. Since the Sani-Con hose is 1-1'2" (apparently, some older ones are 1"), anything over that size should be perfectly adequate.

TJ

I am on municipal waste systsem and the cleanout for my house is right beside the coach - I pull the black handle and let it fly, then the grey. I don't think you can do this on a septic tank system though. Something about the leech field.

I am on municipal waste systsem and the cleanout for my house is right beside the coach - I pull the black handle and let it fly, then the grey. I don't think you can do this on a septic tank system though. Something about the leech field.
I had not thought about overloading a septic system. Hmmmmm. Good point., @RKins!

Dumping 100+ gallons of black and gray water into a septic system in a short time period might cause the raw sewage to overflow from the primary septic tank section to the secondary side and then flow out, undigested, into the drain field. Ordinarily, the septic system would receive a gallon or two per flush or sink drain. It digests in the primary tank section and then relatively clear liquid flows over the baffle and into the secondary section that feeds the drain field.

Short-circuiting the digesting process with a large quantity of sewage in a short period of time could, indeed, be a problem. That's causing me to reevaluate my plan to put a in sewer connection for the coach because we are on a septic system. Gotta think about that!

TJ

Thanks for the discussion. I’ll advise when I get a chance to dump.
Condo living (no parking, no sewer cleanout) coach in storage without utilities. No sanicon or place to hose to.
Due to predicted below freezing temps, had to make an urgent winterizing of the fresh water system. Compressed air blow-out and anti-freeze in drain traps. Forgot about the washer until the next day. Dangit

Latest resources

Back